Server maintenance

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
mimzy

Server maintenance

Post by mimzy »   4 likes

Some server maintenance is planned. Ideally this should go unnoticed, but don't panic if unexpected problems with the site occur.
mimzy

Re: Server maintenance

The site must be taken down for maintenance for ca. 20 minutes, probably tomorrow. Sorry about the inconvenience.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I think we'll survive 20 minutes without the site ;)

Thanks for all the work you're doing!
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Thanks, mimzy!

Don't go quietly into the night.
mimzy

Thanks for your contributions, and apologies this maintenence didn't go quite as planned. I was trying to upgrade to PHP 7.4 among other things, but turned out that the code has still nasty incompatibilities, in particular with bbcodes. Probably not too hard to fix when digging into it, but an upgrade to the latest phpBB version is on the "todo" list anyway, so I downgraded PHP for now. FLM has a number of phpBB extensions that must be ported to the new version first.

Anyway, you may notice that first-loves.com works again and the certificate of .com.ua (which currently redirects to .com) has been updated. These addresses connect to the FLM server directly and work OK with Tor also. first-loves.net connects via Cloudflare, which provides spam protection (captcha); registration is only possible at .net. Probably the security level of .net needs to be increased, because many spambots still sneak in. So in case you have problems with the .net address, you can use .com (or .com.ua).