Re: [REL] Kdopak by se vlka bál (2008)

Post by Rich »   1 likes

[Image]
FLL

Post by FLL »   22 likes

Kdopak by se vlka bál
AKA Who's Afraid of the Wolf
A young girl's family hits crisis point when her mother's former lover returns to town. We see both a child's developing lens of the world, via Terezka's drawings, as she becomes immersed in the Red Riding Hood tale when Halloween approaches. Terezka's fantasy landscape increasingly mirrors, then collides with her opera singer mother's dissatisfaction with her own life in Czechoslovakia, and grinding pressure on her father as head of an airport's security.
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, just flipped through making caps, but it looks very good. Though I thought the synopsis part about "her mother's former lover" is a little odd given this was voted "Best feature film for children" at the 2009 "Zlín International Film Festival for Children and Youth".

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.98 Mb]

There are no subs available for this movie at this time, only source is the Czech DVD. IMDB shows it's been shown at film festivals including one in the US, so it has probably been translated and they will hopefully someday show up. In the meantime... I was able to find closed captions in Czech language. After stripping out the parts only of interest if you can't hear (description of sounds, who's speaking, etc), I ran them through Google translation. There are lots of untranslated words, but there is enough there to give context to what is happening. Let me know if you find them useful.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [67.3 Kb]

Thanks for requesting this, Rich! :clap
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Great! Another Czech movie :icon_1dancingban

Thanks!

PS. Where are all the Slovak movies?
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

very good :thumbsup i enjoyed watching this movie. girl has a ton of screen time and the quality upconverts very nice :heart

thanks FLL

:)
BizarreLoveTriangle

I haven't watched the movie yet, so I cannot comment on that, but I do have one wish.
FLL wrote:I was able to find closed captions in Czech language. After stripping out the parts only of interest if you can't hear (description of sounds, who's speaking, etc), I ran them through Google translation. There are lots of untranslated words, but there is enough there to give context to what is happening. Let me know if you find them useful.
Please also post original language closed captions whenever possible! Some people here might understand written Czech better than google-translated English... Thx!

And a general note -- please do NOT "fix" non-ASCII characters in ed2k links! In some languages, words may obtain a completely different meaning if accents/umlauts are removed.

PS. CD burning software that cannot handle UTF-8, sucks.
Pranama

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

Rich wrote:[Image]
The text: I´ve watched another movie with weird robots from space.
This Terminator?
Nope, it was called "Direct transmission from Parliament".
BizarreLoveTriangle

pranama wrote:The text: I´ve watched another movie with weird robots from space.
This Terminator?
Epic! :thumbsup
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

pranama wrote:The text: I´ve watched another movie with weird robots from space.
This Terminator?
Thanks, I was wondering about that, that dialogue doesn't actually occur in the film.
BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:Please also post original language closed captions whenever possible! Some people here might understand written Czech better than google-translated English... Thx!
I almost posted the site, but didn't think many would find them useful and decided it would be so easy to find them googling I didn't bother. Got them from http://www.titulky.com/Kdopak-by-se-vlka-bal-139718.htm
And a general note -- please do NOT "fix" non-ASCII characters in ed2k links! In some languages, words may obtain a completely different meaning if accents/umlauts are removed.
I don't do this, but I also don't add the accents back in when I find the file with accents stripped, as many people (myself included) find it easier.

It is normal procedure on many rapidshare etc. sites and among many rippers to name their files without accents. That was the case here, the filename was simply the movie title unaccented. I find movies posted with no further identifying information annoying, tougher to keep straight in the collection, so I went looking for the "release name" of the movie as assigned by the ripper, and found it at the titulky.com page I posted above. That page showed "bál" as "bal" in the release name so that's what I used.
BizarreLoveTriangle

FLL wrote:I almost posted the site, but didn't think many would find them useful and decided it would be so easy to find them googling I didn't bother. Got them from http://www.titulky.com/Kdopak-by-se-vlka-bal-139718.htm
Thanks so much, FLL! :icon_specool

I thought FLMers have secret places to get the stuff from, so I did not think of something as simple as googling... :blush
FLL wrote:
I don't do this, but I also don't add the accents back in when I find the file with accents stripped, as many people (myself included) find it easier.
Me neither. I prefer to keep everything intact. I just make sure that the filenames are correct UTF-8. Sometimes the characters get messed up when links are moved between different platforms, so I convert them back to UTF-8.