[REL] Busters verden AKA Buster's World (1984)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Busters verden AKA Buster's World (1984)

Post by ghost »   19 likes

[Image]

[Image][Image][Image]
Buster (Mads Bugge Andersen) is a boy of about nine who lives in a small Danish village with his admiring sister (Katerina Stenbeck), approximately eight.

Our hero is a talented magician who uses his tricks to get even with the neighborhood bully (John Riedl) and impress a pretty girl (Signe Dahl Madsen). A fun kids' flick brought to us by director Bille August.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [674.78 Mb]
loverboy

Re: [RREL] Busters verden (1984)

Post by loverboy »   22 likes

First of all thanks to ghost for the original release (which is still sourced!)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087013/

There are many movies here that seem to have escaped attention & this is one of them. What an absolute delight this is & now hopefully with more widespread appeal with an ENGLISH DUB! This is my rip from a VHS DVDR so the video quality will not be quite as good as ghost's original (although to be fair, the aspect ratio of that is bad). However, the quality falls somewhere between average & good (for a VHS rip) with the dub well done & not intrusive. I did try grafting the English audio stream on to the original but the edit appears completely different. :wall
The world of an imaginative and enterprising ten year old boy who finds unusual solutions to everyday problems of growing up -- and learns in the process that dreams really can come true.
An aspiring magician, Buster uses his conjuring ability to overcome his small stature and "misfit" status. The challenges of school, his first job, the local bully and the girl of his dreams are just a few of the comical and often touching situations that children will understand and adults will remember all too well.
Broadcast nationally on the award-winning PBS series "Wonderworks," "Buster's World" was judged Best Family Film at the 1985 Berlin Film Festival and has received international critical acclaim for its affectionate portrayal of the trials of childhood.
Here's a slightly different slant on screenshots with the title song sung by Nanna.

File Name .......: Buster's World 1984 ENGLISH VHSRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,488.29 MB
Duration ........: 01:30:19
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 2175 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 544
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.32:1
Framerate .......: 29.97 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.45 Gb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Re: [RREL] Busters verden (1984)

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Thanks, LB. Somehow managed to miss this when I joined the site :bigups but with the English dub I'll appreciate it even more. :thumbsup
ferdi111

Re: [REL] Busters verden AKA Buster's World (1984)

Post by ferdi111 »   2 likes

And if somebody wish to read the novel then he/she can get it from Amazon Marketplace for 1 cent + postage
But it's quite possible you'll find it in your local library too :)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

I have never been able to get ahold of the English dubbed VHSrip (which I think might actually be a blast to watch), but here's something a bit better.

https://ulozto.net/file/xTcr1QhFKaQh/bu ... -webtv-iso

Uloz has a DVD iso containing what appears to be the entire film in 6 episodes of around 20 minutes each. Subtracting out around 2 minutes per episode from the intro theme song (catchy tune), you have around 107 or 108 minutes left. The imdb says the runtime is 91 minutes, so unless I'm forgetting to factor out something, there may be some additional footage in this version. I checked for ending credits in the first few episodes and didn't see any.

Has anyone heard of a tv series version of this movie? I know it was common for Lingren tv series to be re-edited for a slightly shorter film release. Anyone know if that's what happened with this one?

The quality is around something much better than a VHS rip and a full DVD. It's pretty good, but not the greatest image quality possible from a DVD.

I'll dig up some subs in a bit. (edit: subs in Night's post below)
Last edited by pillowbaker on Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Oh thanks for finding this, pillowbaker.

I even don't remember this movie. Downloading the ISO right now. I'm curious about what's in it.

And no, I never head about a series of this movie.
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   25 likes

Upscaled, but perhaps an improvement

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.26 Gb]
Busters.Verden.1984.1080p.WEB-DL.en.srt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

The IMDB Release date page lists a Sweden TV release and a Hungary TV premiere in addition to the theatrical releases. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087013/re ... t_aka#akas

Opensubtitles (https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... vie-125224) says
The television series was based on a play by Danish author Bjarne Reuter.
Blizzardkid (http://blizzardkid.net/category/family- ... start_com=) says
Originally a television series in six episodes changed to a feature-length format, Buster's adventures are forcibly told in six sequences.
Would it shock you that the.nextthing.club knows at least a little something about this film? I will not quote their posts because they are only accessible for members, but they ARE aware that the 6 part series is longer. Sign in and read: https://the.nextthing.club/search.php?a ... order=desc

It looks like the download links for the 1080p movie version there are all dead.
EDIT: SURPRISE! DreamScape came to the rescue! (See post above.) Thank you very much!

TNT was also kind enough to provide a link for all 6 episodes streaming in Danish with Danish subtitles:
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/serie/busters-verden_69764
Yt-dlp will download both the 480p video and the subtitles as a playlist.

Thank you for the ISO link, pillowbaker! I am in the process of downloading it so I do not know how it compares to the streaming version.

EDIT: AVOID this next version below. It is a 576p 87 minute movie version, but we are unable to get it to play properly. See discussion in following posts.

There is also another ISO at ulozto. https://ulozto.net/file/KOKuRYtTE7bs/bu ... cyDzWvAt==
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

:mrgreen:

Wish I had posted it earlier for you; it's been sitting on my hard drive since I discovered it back in October. And thanks for that upscale, DreamScape!!

I was aware of the other iso that you pointed out, Night. I was unable to get it to work last time I tried. It's possible there was an issue during downloading, so I tried downloading the other iso again. It just finished and I haven't played with it yet.

That dr.dk link is pretty nice, I guess I should have thought of checking at TNT. At least I remembered to look at BK this time! The dr.dk subs need to be adjusted to about 3000ms earlier. The benefit of the "saeson" iso is that the SRT files are all laid out nicely for each episodes, no need to extract. It's looks as if someone took 6 episodes in mp4 format, along with their respected SRTs and made a DVD image out of it! So it might not be a genuine DVD release. I wonder if I could just copy and paste the mp4 files out of it after mounting the image?

Upside to the movie release is that the subs will be a lot easier to add or adjust. For the episodes, it looks like we'll need to splice and re-time the movie subs, or make do with machine translating the saeson iso file SRTs.

EDIT:
After tinkering with the other ISO, it looks like it is simply a DVD iso of the film version. My VLC would not play it the way I used to play ISOs. I had to mount the image and go in and play the individual VOBs.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Discussion in reference to this link: https://ulozto.net/file/KOKuRYtTE7bs/bu ... cyDzWvAt==
AKA "Busters Verden (1984).ISO"
pillowbaker wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:20 am EDIT:
After tinkering with the other ISO, it looks like it is simply a DVD iso of the film version. My VLC would not play it the way I used to play ISOs. I had to mount the image and go in and play the individual VOBs.
I had the same problems that you did! VLC would not play it as a DVD. And it has been so long since I "mounted an image" that I had to look up how to do it. Still, I got a "Couldn't Mount File" error. So I extracted the ISO to VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders with 7zip and WinRAR separately but neither result would play as a DVD in VLC. The individual VOB portions would play, and together they make an 87 minute 576p PAL version.

DreamScape's 1080p file is this cut of the film but with WAY better quality. So, the "Busters Verden (1984).ISO" at ulozto is now useless out-of-date garbage and should be avoided. I am sorry I mentioned it!