[REL] Tøsepiger AKA Watch Me Fly (1996)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Tøsepiger AKA Watch Me Fly (1996)

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

ghost wrote:About subtitles: It's true that my mother tongue is German, that's no secret.
Thank goodness!!! If I had spent nearly two years totally misreading you I would have felt really really stupid. More and more I find myself not trusting my memory or judgment and second-guessing what I think I think.

I have indeed noticed that you release German movies with English subtitles and I certainly do appreciate it. I also know how difficult it can be to unearth subtitles that are not at the usual sites. I have never been willing to convert hard-coded subtitles to a soft-coded translation like you and some others have done, but I have sought out MKVs that MIGHT have internal subtitles, solely for the purpose of ripping them out. Sometimes I get lucky.

I used to routinely eliminate SDH information from streaming site subtitles because I did not want it. Eventually I clued in and realized that other people at FLM find it valuable, so I switched to providing both SDH and non-SDH subtitles when available. (Subtitle Edit makes the editing SO easy.) I was gratified to see that indeed they were wanted.

Has anyone noticed what a wide variety of titles this movie has?

Tøsepiger (Danish) = "girls"
Keine Angst vorm Fliegen (German) = "don't be afraid of flying"
Szárnyaló barátság (Hungarian) = "soaring friendship"
Kijk, ik vlieg (Dutch) = "look, I'm flying"
Guardami volare (Italian) = "watch me fly" (also the English title)

Minor plot spoiler:
Spoiler:

I think it could be called "Don't Eat Pigeons, They Have Chlamydia." Christina's mother was SO tightly wound that I could not believe she would actually serve flying rat for dinner, especially when she was grossed out later on about freshly caught sewer fish.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:
Kissonline wrote:Keine Angst vorm Fliegen - Tøsepiger (1996).720p.german.mkv
This is my HD upscale. It only has German audio and no subtitles. :(

[Image]
Should there not be some links below this - or is it not ready for release yet?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

David32441 wrote:Should there not be some links below this - or is it not ready for release yet?
He was actually referring back to Kissonline's earlier post a few posts up:
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 447#p89447

ghost had it in his shared folder and Kissonline found it and shared it. ghost was admitting to being the source and explaining what it was, an HD upscale with German audio.

Check it out, it looks terrific!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for explaining, Night457! ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   116 likes

Back in October 2020:
Dkjhpm wrote:Does anyone have or know where to find this undubbed
YES, finally!

Danish soundtrack extracted from a torrented VHSrip and muxed into ghost's German-language superior HD upscale. Previously posted English subtitles now with multiple spelling corrections. The subtitles appear to be translated from and timed to the German dub. As dubs are always loose (particularly when the speaker's lips are not visible), the timing and translation are not exact to the original Danish, but not distractingly so. Selecting German, the video ends precisely at 1:23:20. The Danish runs another 104 seconds longer than the German, so in VLC you will hear the end credits song continue over black screen without the timecode advancing! I figured the remux would just cut it off, but apparently not.

Watching this again, it suddenly occurred to me that young Jonas first kisses Christina as she is attentively and gently holding his bird. The kid knows all the right moves!

720p in Danish or German with optional English subtitles:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.96 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [76.6 Kb]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Great work, Night :thumbsup

Thanks for the addition.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

I am here following a few crumbs from popodrome's recent thread most popular file. This looks so great! Thanks for all the work muxing and keeping the files alive for this long! Grabbing this now!