[REL] Tøsepiger AKA Watch Me Fly (1996)

Kissonline

Re: [REL] Tøsepiger AKA Watch Me Fly (1996)

Post by Kissonline »   76 likes

Hope to share with everyone :D
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

I like that movie, but how to I got it, it‘s a bit funny if I look back.
I saw it on a legal commercial Videoportal who give in the past the option, to buy a movie as a DVD copy. It was the first and last time ever, that I got a DVD in that way. I needed to install an App to download and burn it on a DVD and this step was only allowed once a time. Since them I have that original bought movie on a own burned disc (and to be safe converted as digital copy).
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Kissonline wrote:Keine Angst vorm Fliegen - Tøsepiger (1996).720p.german.mkv
This is my HD upscale. It only has German audio and no subtitles. :(

[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you both, ghost and kissonline.

English subtitles synced to ghost's German audio HD-upscale:
Keine Angst vorm Fliegen - Tøsepiger (1996).720p.german.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

English subtitles synced to ghost's German audio HD-upscale:
Holy cow! I didn`t know, that even any subtitles do exist. But I can`t remember, if I was really searching for them. :|
Night457
Global Moderator

Well you do understand German, don't you? ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Night457 wrote:Well you do understand German, don't you? ;)
?

OK, opensubtitles offers them... I just didn't search. :oops:
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Thanks for the work guys! =8)

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:OK, opensubtitles offers them... I just didn't search. :oops:
But ... I am just saying that I do not expect anyone to search for subtitles that they do not need! There is no fault on your part! If someone chooses to do that search, wonderful. I am grateful for whatever someone chooses to share.

I may be confused :icon_old but let me explain:

You had not released this particular file yet at FLM, just shared it on eMule. I figure that you release so many movies every week that it is inevitable you will forget some, or be saving them for later.

And maybe I am way off base and have totally misunderstood things (it happens), but my impression has been that you speak German, and therefore do not need English subtitles for German-language films. So why would you even have the English subtitles if you were not releasing it? Kissonline found your video because he looked. Someone else who wants the subtitles can look for them. It happened to be me.

If I have falsely accused you of knowing German I do apologize, although I hardly consider that an insult. Please forgive?

I have found great amusement from posts about subtitles lately. For example, in this thread you said
ghost wrote:This is my HD upscale. It only has German audio and no subtitles.
This was absolutely factually correct. The file had German audio and no subtitles. You were not claiming that no subtitles existed anywhere on the Internet. And even if you did, I could still look anyway.

In another thread we had this for a Czech film:
Kissonline wrote:This is a subtitle file.
This was absolutely factually correct. As that subtitle file was Russian and I needed English, I did a machine-translation. In my post I admitted that I had not even looked for subtitles, so I was definitely glad that Kissonline posted it. I am certain that our Russian FLM members are grateful for the original unaltered subtitles.

Now let me get back to this film in this thread to try to keep the post on-topic. Last night I watched it and enjoyed it very much! I had searched for it extensively some years back but only found half the film (in Danish) at dailymotion. I watched it but did not quite get the whole story, obviously. I gave up looking and tried to move on with my life.

When I finally discovered FLM I did not think to look for it here. Perhaps I was still filled with simmering rage and frustration from my unsuccessful search, and did not want more disappointment. I certainly have learned about more movie resources and acquired more searching and video processing skills from FLM, so I could have looked again if I wanted to.

Now Kissonline revives the thread and I finally get to see the whole movie. Awesome!
ghost
Site Admin

It's true. I upscaled this movie some months ago and simply forgot to release it here. So thanks to kissonline for the reminder. ;)

About subtitles: It's true that my mother tongue is German, that's no secret. But nevertheless I always try to get English subs too, so that others can understand and follow the plot. I just take me as an example: I find it pretty boring to watch a movie without understanding any spoken word.