QUESTION "Un été à La Goulette (1995)"

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
Triela

QUESTION "Un été à La Goulette (1995)"

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Clearly, the characters and storyline onf Un été à La Goulette (1995) are on-topic, but does anyone know the age of the 2 protagonists?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114775/reference
Direction: Férid Boughedir

Thanks.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: QUESTION "Un été à La Goulette (1995)"

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Is this a [REQ]uest? If so, please format it like all the other [REQ]uests - put it in the correct group, give a synopsis, include pix if available, or other info to help people find it or even care if it's found. Merely dropping a film's title and expecting others to do everything is unfair. It appears you have this movie - can you release it or make it available on a file hosting site, or give a link? The IMDb synopsis says the girls are 17 so it appears this is NOT on-topic unless the supporting cast has more than bit parts, meaning they're essential to the plot, not mere background, and they have more than a few minutes of focus.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Direct to Off-Topic
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   13 likes

Sully23 wrote:Direct to Off-Topic
I'll take your word for it until/unless there's evidence otherwise.

If anyone is interested, here are two possible sources (UNVERIFIED):

Like this post to see ed2k links  [908.54 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.38 Gb]
Triela

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Is this a [REQ]uest? If so, please format it like all the other [REQ]uests .

thies is NOt a request, this is a QUESTION.
I already got the film. ande movie is clearely ON-topic, falls within the scope of the site.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Triela wrote:Clearly, the characters and storyline of Un été à La Goulette (1995) are on-topic, but does anyone know the age of the 2 protagonists?...
Triela wrote:...I already got the film. And [the] movie is clearly ON-topic, falls within the scope of the site.
We appreciate your coming here and participating in making relevant posts at FLM, Triela. A lot of members just pop in and leech the movies we have to offer and never take the time to post anything, much less even merely click on the 'Like' buttons for other posts. So the fact that you arrive here and start to share your knowledge of FLM'ish movies is greatly appreciated.

I think part of the problem with this thread is you pose a question about a movie that is NOT here and make a definitive statement that it is 'CLEARLY' OT for FLM. You state this without backing up your claim for a film WE know nothing about, except for the imdb synop which states:
Summer, 1967. La Goulette, the touristic beach of Tunisia, is the site where three nice seventeen-year-old girls live: Gigi, Sicilian and Catholic; Meriem, Tunisian and Arab; Tina, French and Jewish. They would like to have their first sexual experience during that summer, challenging their families. Their fathers, Youssef, Jojo and Giuseppe, are old friends and their friendship will be in crisis because of the girls, while Hadj, an old rich Arab, would like to marry Meriem.

And honestly, for me, the synopsis doesn't shout FLM for a number of reasons:
*First; the girls being portrayed are supposed to be 17. Nine times out of 10 filmmakers choose young looking girls that are OLDER than the stated age of the characters. These girls LOOK 17 and possibly older. :x

*Next; just because the characters are out to loose their virginity does NOT automatically make the movie OT for FLM. I know young women in RL in their 20's that are still virgins. :roll:

*Lastly; again you haven't told us anything else about the movie other than, in your opinion, it is 'clearly' OT.

It's just NOT that 'clear' to me. :think

We're not trying to be hard assed, but I'm pretty sure that most of the admin here will hold that the 'childhood' films we promote at FLM deal with younger adolescents up to young people in their early teens. 17 is pushing the limits and obviously, by some who have already commented in this thread, considered PAST the FLM age of interest.

If you feel this movie IS FLM relevant, PLEASE share what you know about it and/or make it available for us to pass along to other members.

Thanks again for taking time to post and I look forward to hearing more from you. :thumbsup

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Nothing to add.

Thanks, kev for making this clear.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Triela wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Is this a [REQ]uest? If so, please format it like all the other [REQ]uests .

thies is NOt a request, this is a QUESTION.
I already got the film. ande movie is clearely ON-topic, falls within the scope of the site.
Okay, it's not a [REQ]uest and not a [REL]ease, merely a question. Another member says it's NOT on-topic, the IMDb synopsis says it's not on-topic, the pix someone else found says it's not on-topic, yet your original post was in the [REL]ease section and you didn't provide a link, either eMule or Direct Download, for anyone else to get it to even know what you're talking about. So what exactly are we supposed to do with it since more than one person and IMDb all say it's NOT on-topic?

If you haven't already, please read POSTING GUIDELINES - PLEASE READ!.

Excerpt:

A film does not have to be primarily about children and they don't need to be the central characters, but they must be more than mere 'props'. In other words, if the children in a film could be removed without changing the plot or they're only shown for a minute or two, the movie probably isn't FLM material. In general, kids should have at least 10% screen-time.

'Children' includes kids up to the age of 16. Many children's roles are played by actors or actresses older than that, but if the characters they play are 16 or younger, that's acceptable.

A film may or may not have partial or full nudity of some of its characters, adults and/or children. Inclusion of nudity - or the lack of it - does not determine whether any film is "On-Topic".

We're not trying to give you a hard time - we appreciate when people participate - but all we have is your say-so that this film is relevant, and we don't know you well enough yet to take your word on it, especially since you didn't bother to put anything more than an IMDb link in your post. So here's your chance - tell us about this film and what makes it on-topic.
Triela

Sure, I see where you guys are coming from. But given the above guidelines:
but if the characters they play are 16 or younger, that's acceptable.
.... is why I thought this was on-topic. Especially if the actresses are character-age. Which I don't know, that's why I came here. Imho, there is as much reason to believe they are OT, as there isn't. And it has scenes "au naturél"

I used (in combination with the FireFox56 addon SearchWith) these google searches for both protagonists:

Code: Select all

"Sonia Mankaï" OR "Born: " OR "geboren " OR "fodt " OR "geboortedatum" OR "geburtstag" OR "fødselsdato" OR "födelsedatum" OR "data di nascita" OR "date de naissance" OR "fecha de nacimiento" OR "data de nascimento" OR "Data urodzenia" OR "Дата рождения"

Code: Select all

"Ava Cohen-Jonathan"  OR "Born: " OR "geboren " OR "fodt " OR "geboortedatum" OR "geburtstag" OR "fødselsdato" OR "födelsedatum" OR "data di nascita" OR "date de naissance" OR "fecha de nacimiento" OR "data de nascimento" OR "Data urodzenia" OR "Дата рождения"
.... but no joy as of yet. And sure, in American movies, the actors are mostly older than the characters (the famous exception being Mila Kunis, and OT: Olivia d'Abo and miss Shields) but this is not an American movie, it is French and independent, so it's not unlikely the director went for more realism. This is the big unknown, which I hoped to resolve with the help of this community.

Thanks for your patience. I'm converting the movie right now, and after I've figured out how to create an ed2k link here, I can [REL]ease it for your review, so you can judge for yourselves. It's bilingual in French and Spanish, with Spanish subs.

And yes, this was a QUESTION, not a release nor a request. Sorry that I was unclear in telling you about that. Or in figuring out where to put those.

Thanks for the civil responses. That's nice.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Triela wrote:Sure, I see where you guys are coming from. But given the above guidelines:
but if the characters they play are 16 or younger, that's acceptable.
.... is why I thought this was on-topic. Especially if the actresses are character-age. Which I don't know, that's why I came here. Imho, there is as much reason to believe they are OT, as there isn't. And it has scenes "au naturél"
The guidelines state 'Many children's roles are played by actors or actresses older than that, but if the characters they play are 16 or younger, that's acceptable'. Obviously, conversely if the characters are older than 16 - even if the actors themselves are younger - the film is probably off-topic. The IMDb synopsis clearly says the main characters are all 17 - that fact is essential to the plot and makes it off-topic. FLM is oriented towards childhood films.

One way it might be on-topic is if there are younger siblings who are essential to the plot and they have more than walk-on roles. If they're merely in the background and/or only have a minute or two of screen time, they probably don't make the film on-topic. After all, a film might have a pet hamster in it but you wouldn't call the movie an 'animal' film.

You still haven't given ANY reasons or evidence other than your opinion that the film is on-topic and you seem to believe the existence of racy themes or "au naturél" scenes might make it so. In FLM's beginning that might have been true, but that hasn't been the case for a long time. BUT... we don't arbitrarily delete on-topic stuff even if it does have those scenes, so they remain.

Go ahead and post your film, or people can use one of the links I provided above. If anyone is interested enough to download it, they can determine if it's on-topic or not. Sully23 is a long-time member and has already given his opinion. We don't know you yet, you've only been here two weeks. From the synopsis and our discussion, this movie doesn't spark my curiosity but I'll believe Sully23 until we know differently.