[REL]Harper's Island (2009) [TV-Series w/ Cassandra Sawtell]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
lara

[REL]Harper's Island (2009) [TV-Series w/ Cassandra Sawtell]

Post by lara »   7 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232320/

Madison Allen

The Flower Girl (Portrayed by Cassandra Sawtell)
Spoiler:

Madison is Shea and Richard's daughter. She's cute, sweet, and sometimes, horribly spooky. Lots of kids enjoy mischief but Madison might enjoy it a little too much. She has a tendency to say things that indicate she has a better idea about what's happening on Harper's Island than the adults do. Madison was kidnapped by Wakefield through episodes 8 and 9, though she tells Abby that it was the Sheriff who abducted her. In episode 10 she tells Trish that she lied, claiming that Wakefield told her that if she didn't, her mother would "disappear" like her father. Madison later tells her mother and Trish that she first met Wakefield, her "new friend", the day they arrived on the island. Both Madison & her mother survived the series and left the island.
SURVIVAL – Madison escaped with her mother on a boat in episode 13 with the help of Christopher 'Sully' Sullivan. Later on, they are both at the police station. Madison gets sent off with Agent Perez so that Shea and the other Agent can talk privately. Just as Madison goes out of the room, she says "He's going to tell you everyone else is dead, isn't he?"
Appearances – Episodes 1–13

[Image]

[Image][Image]

[Image]

Some may know her younger :heart

[Image]

Sadly not enough screentime for a REL, but here are all episodes for those who are interested:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.06 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.08 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.05 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.10 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.63 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.07 Mb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Cassandra Sawtell in "Harper's Island"

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Wow, that's one creepy little girl. :eyecrazy Thanks lara.
kev
Site Admin

Re: Cassandra Sawtell in "Harper's Island"

Post by kev »   0 likes

imdb wrote:Harper's Island was once the scene of a gruesome series of murders. Now, seven years later, as family and friends gather on the island for a wedding, one by one they begin to die.
Pretty good series, for a 90 min. horror film stretched out to thirteen 40 minute episodes... :think

What made it work for me was how well you got to know and care for the characters that made it past the first three episodes.. I REALLY hated seeing some of the principle characters get killed off..

Cassandra did pretty good as [the 'creepy'] Madison.. She seemed a little stiff in her delivery of lines at times, but for me that only added to her creepiness... She was fun to watch and made the 'waiting' for her scenes worth the wait, though I wish her role had been substantially bigger with much more screen time... :heart

TONS of plot holes and if you can ignore the fact that the first 6 0r 7 episodes were based on a glaringly obvious false premise, it's a pretty thrilling series to watch. It also had some pretty graphic scenes for a non-cable TV series.. (Made for CBS, I think...)

(I'm VERY glad I did NOT read lara's synopsis of 'Harper's Island' in her first post BEFORE I watched the series... It would have ruined some crucial plot twists.. ) (I hope you don't mind, but I hid it with the 'Spoiler' tag...)

Thanks lara for bringing this series to FLM. I really enjoyed it.

I moved the thread to 'Verified Off-Topic' and edited your subject line to make it a more proper [REL].

kev.