[REL] Un, deux, trois, soleil (1993)

Rich

[REL] Un, deux, trois, soleil (1993)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Un, deux, trois, soleil (1993)

[Image]
The early life of a girl in multiracial poor suburbs of Marseilles. An original vision of the tough life of a girl between 12 and 25, facing a harsh initiation to adulthood. Probably to show that she had no real childhood between an irresponsible mother, a drunk father (Marcello Mastroiani at his best) and gangs of ruthless boys, the girl at different ages (about 12, 15, 18, 20 and 25) is played by Anouk Grinberg.

She does a good job but can't avoid a few stereotypes. In addition, the various moments of her life are interlaced in a kind of stream of consciousness and dead people that she loved reappear, as they still live in her memory. A fairly dark picture where occasional rays of sun shine even more brightly. Great music by Khaled.
Available through amazon, not sure if it's on-topic.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0108435/

thanks, Rich :)
Rich

Re: [REL] Un, deux, trois, soleil (1993)

Post by Rich »   10 likes

Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

This thread is sooo gone :evil:

There's one mildly amusing scene where some boys undress the woman and get into bed with her. Other than that I really wouldn't bother :(
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Just watched this again and gotta say I disagree with you Rich on this one. what about the scene on the train - and many others. Aside from that it is a fascinating story. I would strongly recommend this.
wizardly1

Post by wizardly1 »   0 likes

Actually, I liked this one. It was a little mild, but still good.

Wiz