[REL] Premiers Désirs (1983)

Ziggy Plock

Re: [REL] Premiers Désirs (1983)

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Was this movie really still missing here? :think It seems so...
Indeed, ghost, indeed.
Night457 wrote:Thank you mexlink! Thank you jason181! I was trying to find this thread again and came across these: **moved** Has anybody posted Premier Desirs?
and
[REL] Laura, les ombres de l'été (1979)

All the way back in 2004 it was snuck into a thread along with other David Hamilton movies!
The man only made 5 movies, and none of them very good. If only he had met a good writer, think about what masterpieces might've emerged. Now, he's sort of a filmland joke.
Night457 wrote:Yes, both the original Japanese and the imposed Chinese subtitles are hardcoded. Since I do not understand French either and I don't want to add a third set of subtitles, I will save this version for when I want to do a HD viewing without having to follow the dialog.
Unless we can find software that can OCR Japanese, Chinese and Korean hardcoded subtitles?????? It would be good to find that....

EDIT:
open subs has "beaucoupe" of subs for this movie, even Simple Chinese ones.....

Still a software program that could OCR characters....
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:The man only made 5 movies, and none of them very good. If only he had met a good writer, think about what masterpieces might've emerged. Now, he's sort of a filmland joke.
Just NOW? :) I don't think his films were ever highly regarded for things like plot or characterization. As far as writers go, Catherine Breillat cowrote "Bilitis." Dunno whether you consider her a "good writer" or not ...
open subs has "beaucoupe" of subs for this movie, even Simple Chinese ones.....

Still a software program that could OCR characters....
Don't misunderstand me, I was not suggesting that we translate the Japanese or Chinese! I knew multiple subtitles were available and I have watched the movie before with English subtitles. I just did not want to watch the movie with 3 different subtitles onscreen!
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

David Hamilton, I'm not sure about whether he's to be envied, to be pitied or to be laughed at. Sure, parts of his life are pretty wonderful. I read somewhere the eyewitness account of an actress when she first met him: "He lived in a beautiful French villa but I completely freaked out when we entered his back yard, because he was going down on a 13 year old girl, a girl my age."
But when he got confronted by one of those women, years later, he committed suicide, and artistically, he's a big fat joke. So, yeah.....
I don't think platitudes such as "Each life has some good, some bad in it" will cover it, but IDK what will.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
lsg1310

Post by lsg1310 »   0 likes

Kissonline wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:16 am Premiers.désirs.1983.1080p.HDTV.chs.mp4
[Image]
The film source is from Japanese HD TV station, with embedded Japanese characters and simplified Chinese characters translated by Chinese friends ;)
Could anyone help share this? At the only download speed I can get, it would take days/weeks, and the only other place I can find it I would have to pay $30 for 10 days just to download it at a reasonable speed