[REL] Demi-tarif (2003) DVD Rip added!

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Demi-tarif (2003) DVD Rip added!

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:No, I'm really guiltless this time. It's still the same file. Dunno what happened. :icon_surrender
I'll be damned if I know either, then! ;) When Swdag asked for a reshare I did what I always do, no matter who Released it and who is asking for it: I looked to see if I had the file. I saw that I had liked your post and I found a file on a hard drive with the same name from the same time period. Then when I loaded it into eMule I checked the hash, and it was different. And there was the obvious difference in file size. Then I said screw it and deleted it from my computer. I was pretty sure that ghost would be sharing SOME file at HighID and it would ultimately be downloadable by anyone who could eMule.

Then jason181 shared a file that was apparently like the one I had. Sheesh. So I guess eMule is randomly rehashing files we download so that we can not cooperate in sharing the same file. That is just SO MEAN! Either that or both jason181 and I picked up another version from somewhere else and forgot where. I know that in MY case, that is definitely possible, because I have seen repeated evidence that my memory is not as good as it used to be.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Hell, hey - no worries mate!

Filesize totally depends on your operating system! If you have windows 10, then migrate over to windows 11 (or macOS 12) the file size will change. You can try this by putting the file on an external disk, and see what happens on different systems. Some systems take 1000 as a thousand, some will call 1024 as a thousand, some will need 1048 as a thousend. WHy? How? Ask developers!

MY advice would be: get the file and once you got it, enjoy it, don't worry about it!

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

popdrome wrote:Some systems take 1000 as a thousand, some will call 1024 as a thousand, some will need 1048 as a thousend.
WTFF? That is just crazy. I understand what you mean, but it is crazy.

I guarantee ghost has a newer operating system than I do. So he hashes a file and posts it and it shows up as 1.43Gb for him when he posts it and for us when we get it, but for me (and apparently jason181) it is 1.46Gb anyplace OUTSIDE of first sharing it on eMule. Strange, but not a deal-breaking problem. HOWEVER ... if we go to reshare it later, it comes up with a new hash value. It does NOT appear as the same file. (At least here, for this movie.) So now there are two versions on eMule. This makes "resharing" a file pretty f*ing pointless at a later date and/or with a later operating system. They are not resharing, they are posting a new version. That would explain all the people complaining for YEARS that they can not connect to any sharers while other FLM members respond "Whaddya mean? I'm sharing it, dude." People may all be sharing the same file when it is first released, but don't anyone dare temporarily unshare it to make room for something else. All the supposed advantages of eMule have just been wiped out. Every downloader now has a "different version" and they can no longer cooperate in sharing it. Everyone may as well just do what people do with torrents: if they want to reshare a file taken from an old torrent, they simply create a new torrent. What's the difference if it is a new hash anyway!?!?! If this is true, this is a huge and catastrophic flaw for eMule. So all the pro-eMule propaganda I have been reading at FLM is just bullshit?!
MY advice would be: get the file and once you got it, enjoy it, don't worry about it!
That is good advice for life, but then why would I ever upgrade a file? Just enjoy what you have and don't waste time on improvements. I need to go back to watching my videotapes.

Seriously though -- I was under the impression that this was a case where ghost improved the video, then found a problem and improved it again. He has done that before, so it was a reasonable conclusion on my part. So naturally I wanted the best available version. But he said that is not what happened here, and I do not think he is a liar! (Senile maybe, but not a liar.)

Anyway I downloaded his "new" version but am unlikely to watch it for another year. (Too many movies that I have not even watched once.) I have not yet removed it from eMule and my computer and then reloaded it in from my external drive, but that would be the definitive way to test this. If it hashes to a new value, then I should just ignore people asking for reshares unless I want to go to the trouble of posting what is effectively a new version, and being the sole source for that new version.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

So, the conclusion of the whole discussion: We just don't know why there are different hushes for the same file...

Maybe, and I only say maybe, I really released a different version shortly after my first release... I just don't remember for sure, because that was nearly one year ago. Please have mercy... :(
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:Maybe, and I only say maybe, I really released a different version shortly after my first release... I just don't remember for sure, because that was nearly one year ago. Please have mercy... :(
Oh ghost, you know I can forgive you for just about ANYTHING, honeybunch! :lol: But just because *I* am confused does not mean that there is anything that needs to be forgiven. After all, you have now reached the point of releasing 4 or 5 AI upgrades every week in addition to the new Releases. How can I expect you to remember them all?! And like popdrome was telling me, I don't need to pretend this is something terrible. But darnit, freaking out over something so inconsequential is SO MUCH MORE FUN than worrying about actual real world problems. "The sky is falling! eMule is a scam!"

I guess my calling you "senile" was a little harsh. Sorry about that. I can admit that my memory is not exactly the greatest.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I guess my calling you "senile" was a little harsh
Oh! You did? :? I simply didn't notice.. Must be because of my age :icon_old ........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
RomainQ

Post by RomainQ »   0 likes

Ce film me traumatise un peu (pédophilie, etc)!!!
NRJ

Post by NRJ »   0 likes

kev wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:57 am Wow! My DVD FINALLY arrived today from a company called Tamasa Boutique [ http://www.tamasadiffusion.com/boutique ... rt_13.html ]; and I'm very impressed with their product!

I won't bother posting a rip, but I thought someone might like the DVD cover and disk art:

[Image]

[Image]

:)

kev.
Thanks can you repost them?
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

Finally watched this last night. Awesome movie, and I apologize for asking this a lot, but anyone know anymore on this level? Lol

Also, I watch movies on a little USB device for TV that you can hook hard drives/thumb drives up to, is there any possible way for SRT files to work on something like that, or is there any version of the same device that will recognize SRT files?
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

marvingray wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:52 pmAlso, I watch movies on a little USB device for TV that you can hook hard drives/thumb drives up to, is there any possible way for SRT files to work on something like that, or is there any version of the same device that will recognize SRT files?

Most TV sets have those USB ports that flash drives and even bigger external drives can be hooked up to. Mine will play subs named identically to the main file. You might have to go into your TV's Settings menu and enable an option to display the subtitles (every unit is a little different, some trial and error may be needed).