[RREL] Les Diables (2002)

jezevex

Re: [RREL] Les Diables (2002)

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

It's possible (but not guaranteed) that real HD could be bought here:

https://video-a-la-demande.orange.fr/fi ... es-diables

Update: Trailer is in SD, so it's hard to say...
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

jezevex wrote:It's possible (but not guaranteed) that real HD could be bought here:

https://video-a-la-demande.orange.fr/fi ... es-diables

Update: Trailer is in SD, so it's hard to say...
It says on the page at the bottom, it's SD :)

Disponibilité : SD

Is there any time these streaming are better than DVD?
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

reptile12 wrote:It says on the page at the bottom, it's SD :)

Disponibilité : SD

Is there any time these streaming are better than DVD?
Sometimes. Other times not. You don't know until you check it out.

Because director Christophe Ruggia couldn't keep his hands off 12 yo Adèle Haenel, this film has become caught up in a wide ranging scandal over sexual abuse in the French film industry. For the foreseeable future it's probably going to be too toxic for blu-ray, even though its actual content is less scandalous than Beau-père (1981), which recently got its own release.

Disappointing that they're not streaming in 1080p. I keep looking for a high quality HDTV rip, but haven't been able to find one - which is a little surprising. You'd think a French or art house type movie channel would've shown it at some point in the last 20 years!
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   1 likes

deadman wrote:
Sometimes. Other times not. You don't know until you check it out.

Because director Christophe Ruggia couldn't keep his hands off 12 yo Adèle Haenel, this film has become caught up in a wide ranging scandal over sexual abuse in the French film industry. For the foreseeable future it's probably going to be too toxic for blu-ray, even though its actual content is less scandalous than Beau-père (1981), which recently got its own release.

Disappointing that they're not streaming in 1080p. I keep looking for a high quality HDTV rip, but haven't been able to find one - which is a little surprising. You'd think a French or art house type movie channel would've shown it at some point in the last 20 years!
Ok thanks. Also *sigh* about the Adele/director thing.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   150 likes

I wasn't pleased with my 720p upscale, so I did the whole thing again. It took me several days to find the right settings, but now it's looking pretty good. I went up to 1080p this time:

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.44 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [32.1 Kb]
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

goku33

:P Anyone got an update on the allegations against the director & the following indictment by French authorities?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christoph ... estigation

Did they just drop the case?
goku33

deadman wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:07 am I like this DVD a lot. Too many of them have no extra features to speak of. We get a nice long look at the making of the movie and (like you said) Adele out of character, just being herself. Wish there was a bluray though. No reason why any film that has a release year starting with 2 should not be available in full HD by now.
Edit: nevermind, must have been the same 720p file previously shared on here. Mine is a 720p.HDTV Rip. (Les.Diables.2002.720p.HDTV.x264-didomh)

So we can assume the Film to this day actually has never seen an actual remastering from 35mm Film to 1080p/4K..
Last edited by goku33 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

So we can assume the Film to this day actually has never seen an actual remastering from 35mm Film to 1080p/4K..
That's right. This movie does only exist in SD so far. Also the 720p HDTV version is only a normal upscale.
goku33

ghost wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:17 pm
That's right. This movie does only exist in SD so far. Also the 720p HDTV version is only a normal upscale.
Sometimes we are lucky with hdtv rips cause if the dvd Transfer was done extremely terrible..then a copy TV Recording can be superior.

I have a Film where the dvd is terrible but the Trailer (SD) that the tv Channel released on YouTube is quite good quality (SD)