[REL] Divine enfant (1989) GM Laura Martel

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Divine enfant (1989) GM Laura Martel

Post by kev »   45 likes

Looks like a coolio movie; can't believe it's been passed over for so many years! At least it's available now! :thumbsup

Info links:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0165236/

http://www.cinemotions.com/modules/Film ... nfant.html

http://www.amazon.fr/Divine-enfant-Laur ... 554&sr=1-1

Synopsis in French:
Sarah, six ans, s'enfuit de l'orphelinat avec son chien Toto. Elle rencontre Aurelien, un ancien pilote automobile dont la carriere fut brisee. Ensemble, ils tentent d'echapper au directeur de l'orphelinat, Graton, aux mecenes d'une institution charitable et au commissaire Franquette. Rencontres et aventures se multiplient...
In English:
Sarah, six years, flees of the orphanage with her Toto dog. She meets Aurelien, a former racing driver whose career was brisee. Together, they try to escape the director from the orphanage, Graton, with the patrons of a charitable institution and the Franquette police chief. Meetings and adventures multiply…
[Image]

Finally, the ed2k link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.55 Gb]

:pray
I hope it pans out! ;) Looks/sounds kinda cute!

kev.
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] Divine enfant (1989) GM Laura Martel

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

D/L ONLY FOR CURIOUSITY... ;)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote:D/L ONLY FOR CURIOUSITY... ;)
:wall

Sorry if I sound a bit hacked off, but I guess I'm just having a bad night...

I wonder if ANY of the 140 people [at the time of THIS post] that have viewed this post [and not left ANY feedback...] AND actually d/l-ed the link [for "CURIOSITY" or whatever...], have tried to preview this movie...

It looks to be a hidden gem! The girl Laura Martel [star of "Ce que savait Maisie"
[Image] & "La Femme à l'ombre" and 12 other movies BEFORE she turned 16], though only 6yo, is a pretty good little actress, and holds her own in the scenes I've previewed.

I'd mention there's an OT bath scene, but I don't want to get accused of pandering to our 'prurient' base... (OOOPS! :eyecrazy Guess I DID mention it... :blush )

Anyway this movie is quite OT here, and is worth MORE than just an "ONLY FOR CURIOSITY" download!! ;)

kev.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Pander away! :)
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Kev

I have posted plenty which have had same treatment - just an occupational hazard :-) Be sure your posts are always near top of my list.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:Pander away! :)
billanben wrote:Kev
I have posted plenty which have had same treatment - just an occupational hazard :-) Be sure your posts are always near top of my list.
LOL! Actually the film opens at a school function, with LOTS of school uniforms [albeit at a distance]! :heart Hopefully there's more of that!

True, billanben; I've also posted quite a few that haven't been noticed much. I guess I was really looking forward to ART's comments because he made a post in the 'General' forum specifically looking for a couple of other more popular Laura Martel movies...

It was late when I saw what was written, and then after I previewed the movie re-reading it got me more frustrated as it DOES seem to be a movie that fits well here at FLM; AND it's one of those that seems to have fallen into the cracks that no one is familiar with.

Part of the joy in searching stuff out, at least for me, is coming across films that are off the radar but turn out to be pleasent surprises. This looks like one of those; especially having a cute actress with a good [filmic] track record. ;)

It IS taking it's sweet time downloading, though [for me: DAMN my low ID!! :wall ].

lol

kev.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Looking forward to it Kev. Have to say the other one - ce qui savait maisie - that has been in my top 10 wanted for some time.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

billanben wrote:Looking forward to it Kev. Have to say the other one - ce qui savait maisie - that has been in my top 10 wanted for some time.
Actually I've had THAT one on DVD for quite awhile, but my copy is screwed up by a rolling time bar at the top middle of the screen. (You see these sometimes in 'deleted scenes' on DVD's, but usually at the bottom.) It really is a shame as the copy I have is subtitled in English. :(

My fiance [who knows French and was evaluating the subs ;) ] and I watched it a few weeks ago. It's a nice sappy made-for-TV family film where everything works out fine for little Maisie in the end. :heart

I'm going to try and get the DVD off Fnac or Amazon.fr as soon as my finances start to level out again... Sprocket already seems to have it; maybe we can add to his 'gotta rip that, too' burden!! :)

kev.
sprocket

Post by sprocket »   0 likes

I'm going to try and get the DVD off Fnac or Amazon.fr as soon as my finances start to level out again... Sprocket already seems to have it; maybe we can add to his 'gotta rip that, too' burden!!
Oh god another one :wall

I've owned Divine Enfant on vhs for months. Now I'm going to have to buy the dvd :icon_1idiot
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

:rofl , kev. The poster/cover probably put people off. You usually provide such beautiful screenshots that when all you can come up with is this, people tend to get worried about the movie and it's quality.
kev wrote: [Image]
kev.
Man, that's one ugly photo - looks like one of the zombies from "Night Of The Living Dead" (or your avatar LOL ). Now the other one - ce qui savait maisie - that is the kind of poster/cover we have become accustomed to getting from you. :clap Your fault for spoiling us, I guess. :heart

btw. Any chance of subtitles? I classify FLM movies into two categories - ones that I watch on my own and others that I pass on to friends and relatives with small kids. This looks like being in the latter category, and for that I need subs.