[REL] Tendres cousines (1980)

loverboy

Re: [REL] Tendres cousines (1980)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:@Loverboy,
you posted this seconds before i posted my response. how funny is that. i was referring to someone else but even better yet it was you.
.....and I was composing my release as BLT was responding, confirming my assumption his DVD has indeed got hard-coded subs. Spooky! :icon_paranoid

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:
ptguardian wrote:@Loverboy,
you posted this seconds before i posted my response. how funny is that. i was referring to someone else but even better yet it was you.
.....and I was composing my release as BLT was responding, confirming my assumption his DVD has indeed got hard-coded subs. Spooky! :icon_paranoid
...and I was composing my reply as emuler was responding [Image]

The DVD I have was released in 2003 and it has both 88 min version (German/French audio) and 92 min version (hardcoded English subs). I posted the 92 min version, because I understood that emuler was only interested in that. (So I find his response to LB "Something good finally came after all this 'chewing the cud'" somewhat confusing.)

PS. I renamed my file (above) to make it clear that it is 92 min DVD rip.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

No worries, BLT. Your efforts are appreciated too. :clap The good I'm referring to:

1. we got a good quality rip. The first 1.45GB rip I have encountered.

2. we got a fair idea of what is in the two versions. I'll do a more detailed comparison once I get both versions, but FLL and LB both seem to think that nothing (significant) is missing in the 88 min version, which is precisely why I was looking for the 92 min version in the first place.

There are several such instances where different versions of the same movie exist, and most of those have had similar discussions in this forum and elsewhere. Just see how much we have er.. 'chewed the cud' :bigups over Maladolescenza, and how many different versions we went through until we finally got something we were satisfied with. Now if only someone could get a BDRip.... :think :icon_biggrin2

On another forum there have been uncannily similar discussions over Caligula, and now there is a 720p version going around.
btw. is that film suitable for FLM? Some of the 'fishies' look FLM material. :think It is a mainstream film with several A grade actors, despite the controversial content.
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

Hard to say for an idler, but you folks better go and find a job. 92 min : 88 min is exactly the difference between the NTSC and the PAL framerate.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

idler wrote:Hard to say for an idler, but you folks better go and find a job. 92 min : 88 min is exactly the difference between the NTSC and the PAL framerate.
Could be, probably, I did mention that many posts up in this thread. But we don't know for certain. Yet.

And many at FLM are collectors who care about details which are unimportant to the average person. In many ways a hobby is just an unpaid job, no? :)
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

OMG, I can't believe I missed "Tendres Cousines 1980 ITA-FR isoRip loverboy.avi" :wall

Can anybody please reshare? :pray
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

That's going back a few years, yd...

If I were an organized sob, it probably wouldn't be much of a problem... :wall

I'll look, but hopefully there's others here a bit less scatterbrained than I. ;)

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I don't think I ever downloaded this. Sorry.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   50 likes

yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

starfish21 wrote:Heres mine...
Tendres.Cousines EN Subs.avi
Thanks for help, but I'm interested in the specific file, which is one of the few files missing from my complete loverboy collection :oops:

Besides, I already received the srt at the end of August :thumbsup