[REL] Provence (2018) short [Belgium]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
popdrome

[REL] Provence (2018) short [Belgium]

Post by popdrome »   186 likes

This is one for Jezevex ;)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10312140/ "Provence".

During their annual summer vacation, eleven-year-old Camille and her older brother Tuur explore their new camping destination in Provence. When they meet two Dutch girls, Camille's admiration for her big brother turns into a dragging jealousy. Budding sexuality disrupts the carefree vacation.

pix on IMDb:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

my caps:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

The film is in Dutch language, no subtitles found (yet).

file info:
Spoiler:

File: Provence (2018).[HEVC.aliptes].mp4
Size: 247.2 MB
Format: QuickTime/MPEG-4/Motion JPEG 2000 format
Stream count: 2
Duration: 00:22:01
Bit rate: 1569 kb/s
Meta info:
album_artist: Laime De Paep, Pelle Adriaenssens, Otis Domen, Talitha de Boer, Jente Van Den Brenk
description: A summer vacation in Provence proves a turning point for 11-year-old Camille and her older brother Tuur.
gapless_playback: 0
media_type: 9
minor_version: 512
encoder: HandBrake 1.3.0 2019110900
title: Provence
major_brand: mp42
date: 2018-9-1T11:00:00Z
compatible_brands: isomiso2mp41
hd_video: 2
artist: Kato De Boeck
creation_time: 2020-01-01 18:48:01
genre: Drama

Stream 0
Type: video
Codec: x265
FourCC: hvc1
Width: 1280
Height: 642
Sample aspect ratio: 1:1
Display aspect ratio: 640:321
Frame rate: 30.00 fps
Bit rate: 1399 kb/s
Meta info:
handler_name: VideoHandler
language: und

Stream 1
Type: audio
Codec: aac
FourCC: mp4a
Bit rate: 159 kb/s
Sample rate: 44100 Hz
Sample format: s16
Channel: 2
Meta info:
handler_name: Stereo
language: und
Set to release:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [247.24 Mb]
Enjoy!

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Provence (2018) short [Belgium]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Oooohh! oh! Thanks a lot!
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   2 likes

welcome ghost! :mrgreen:
I've had a question about what these kids are discussing in the tent scene.
I speak dutch but honestly I can't decode it.. it seems like she is asking her brother
about some class mates "which girl you like most" and then naming them, to which the boy replies "no"

it is not relevant to the plot, other than that the girl realises her brother likes girls.. in a NEW way.

There is no such thing as dutch language BTW. Keep reading if you wanna know.

what's that Dutch language? who speaks? help me explain?

Let me try. The Netherlands. where they speak dutch, is not a given place. It consists of provences, islands, high lands and low lands, carribean places, german places, half belgian and half south american lands. For instance, they speak Dutch in Suriname, Friesland, Amsterdam, Brussels and Johannesburg, and none of these peoples will fully understand eachother.

The easy way to understand this is: think of Holland as a large city, and think of The Netherlands as a plethora of languages.

Wthout going into the very complex history, the country in the north has two provinces: Friesland and Groningen. In Friesland they speak Frysian (a sister language of english), and in Groningen they speak a sister language of German. Go south and you'll find 2 areas: west of the great lake (Holland, which basicly is a city called "The Randstad") it is a large aglommerate of cities incuding Amsterdam, Rotterdam, the Hague and Almere, there lives 11 million people and they speak ABN (which is translated as General Wellbehaved Dutch) - the language famous for its gut vowels and rolling "r"'s, also known as general Dutch. The people from this area generally speak English too as their second language.

South of the great lake, there are some rural areas like Zeeland, Brabant and Limburg. This is an area where many Germans go for their holidays, the people are mostly catholics and they speak a 'softer' version of Dutch called "Brabants", same grammar, but without the loud vowel sounds. The people from this area speak also German, as their second language.

Going south, as you cross the border of Belgium, you'll visit another part, (strictly also "the Netherlands", but you'll end up in an argument), called Flanders. The language is Flemish, which is essentially a softer version of "brabants", but has the Dutch grammar. It's the most productive area of Belgium and includes cities like Gent, Antwerp and Luik. The people generally also speak French as their second language.

The area between Brussels and Paris, the french refer to it as "Hell of the North", strictly has people from 3 countries: Belgium (Wallonia), Luxembourg and France. The people speak French and some Luxemburgisch, which is a german sister language mixed with French. Many people also speak a flemish version of dutch as their second language.

Also, much like England, Holland has had many colonies, like South Africa, Indonesia, Australia, New Zeeland, Tasmania, Brazil, Suriname, Venezuela, New York (New Amsterdam), Aruba and Curacao. Remnants of the Dutch language can still be found there.

Today, if you're going to business with Dutch and Belgian counterparts, the easiest way of communication is English. Almost all people from these areas speak English. Sometimes better than German and French.

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for this historical/geographically lesson! Now I understand you dutch people much better... ;) :D

For me your language always sounded like a mixture between german and english.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:There is no such thing as dutch language BTW.
:?: :? "A language is a dialect with an army and a navy." (Jiddish saying)
The Netherlands possess an army and a navy - and of course also an official standardized language that is taught on their schools.

That many people especially in the rural areas stubbornly stick to their local dialect among each other is perfectly normal everywhere (a german tv commercial made a joke of it some years earlier: "Baden-Wurtemberg. We can handle everything ... except High German." :lol:).

Even that some of the dialects do not belong to Dutch proper but are part of the Lower German language (= dialect group) or are promoted to own languages in these days is not at all uncommon:
- the dialects in northern Germany do not belong to the same language as the High Geman standard language,
- the dialects of southern France do not belong to French,
- the dialects of northern Italy do not even belong to the same group of the Romance languages as standard Italian (only near relative of Italian is Romanian while the northern dialects are nearer related to their western neighbours).

Finally there is a tendency in many regions to overemphasize the meaning of their dialects to further the interest of the region against the central authorities. The text you quoted sounds extremely biased to me in that way (the facts are correct but their presentation and the conclusions drawn out of them are tendentious) ... :think
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Thans Warg, I appreciate it!

I don't think we disagree much. Although I wasn't talking about dialects.
Frysian, Afrikaans, Brabants and Papiamento are varieties and continuations of the Dutch language.
Official languages, not dialects. Let's not go into that:
there are like 80 dialects in this stamp size country! :mrgreen: :wall

Of course there's a navy, an army, a King and Queen even, a school system, all the works!

Maybe I chose the wrong tangent i.e. "no such thing as Dutch language" - language is fluid. That's all I wanted to say,
you see, many people don't understand why dutch films and belgian films sound SO different, yet it's the same language.

jezevex

Post by jezevex »   1 likes

Thank you that you inscribed this movie to me, Pop. I will try to REL some new movies as well in the following days...
gregg83

Post by gregg83 »   0 likes

can you make this mega download capable
jonnydark

Post by jonnydark »   0 likes

would like a copy of this please. thanks
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

jonnydark wrote:would like a copy of this please. thanks
We use eMule as the preferred download method. Look at Step-by-Step eMule Setup for help setting up the full eMule. The URLs for things like server lists and IP filters are a little out of date so you should Google for current versions but it should get you going. You might also check uloz.to for direct downloads.