[REL] Elisa (2016) short [Germany]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Elisa (2016) short [Germany]

Post by ghost »   123 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4505104/
'Elisa' portrays the claustrophobic and extremely painful relationship between nine year old Elisa and her mother.
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

How could we miss this short film?! :o

Like this post to see ed2k links  [590.11 Mb]
popdrome

Re: [REL] Elisa (2016) short [Germany]

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote:How could we miss this short film?!
Thanks to you, we didn't! :bigups

Don't go quietly into the night.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:
ghost wrote:How could we miss this short film?!
Thanks to you, we didn't! :bigups
Ditto's, poppy! :thumbsup

Many, MANY thanks ghost for your CONSISTENTLY constant vigilance in finding new-old FLM material no matter where it might be hiding! As I've said before; U da MON...,you know, I mean, umm: GHOST!! :P

(Maybe, maybe, maybe you can finally dig up any kind of new info on this 2002 movie you brought to the table almost 15 years ago!!! :shock:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=3556&p=36997#p36997 )

Just kinda hopin', you know... :roll:

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

(Maybe, maybe, maybe you can finally dig up any kind of new info on this 2002 movie you brought to the table almost 15 years ago!!! :shock:
Sadly no. Thia movie seems to be lost forever :(
Harry789

Post by Harry789 »   0 likes

The same mom (Susanne Wuest) as in the thriller "Ich seh Ich seh". :evil:
But sadly not an on-topic movie.
Caleyunior

Post by Caleyunior »   5 likes

marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

The girl in this short is incredibly pretty she reminds of some fae creature of the forest.

(Talking in full detail about this short and the horror film Hatching follows.)

I've watched a few times trying to fully understand. It seems like the girl may be autistic with self injurious behaviors. Which infuriates and frustrates mom. I've seen actual autistic ppl on youtube channels and they often bind their hands like in the short so they can't hurt themselves. The doppelganger is seen suffocating the girl in her bed then we see the doppelganger the next morning combing her hair by herself without her moms help in the same style the mother did in the first scene. So my assumption is the story is about the mother wanting the girl to be exactly how she desires instead of mom adjusting herself to the girls individual needs so the doppelganger kills the girl and takes her place imitating what the mother wants in order to blend in.

I wish I could find information about the short and its intentions. I've said before but it has a lot of crossover themes with the horror movie Hatching to the point I wonder if Hatching was inspired by it but I have no hard evidence for it and it could just be entirely coincidental.

Similarities:

-a smothering mother who has exact ideas how the daughter should be
-a doppelganger slowly replacing the daughter
-visual similarity between the mother and daughter
-similar color palette in the two films (very bright and white)
-a similar ending although Hatching is a bit more on the nose and violent.

If anyone knows any information on the short / interviews about the short I'd love if you shared it.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

marvingray wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:21 pm So my assumption is the story is about the mother wanting the girl to be exactly how she desires instead of mom adjusting herself to the girls individual needs so the doppelganger kills the girl and takes her place imitating what the mother wants in order to blend in.
For me it would be schizophrenia.
He makes us see 'his other self' kill Elisa and take her place.
Rhisis66

Post by Rhisis66 »   1 likes

Sully23 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:11 am
marvingray wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:21 pm So my assumption is the story is about the mother wanting the girl to be exactly how she desires instead of mom adjusting herself to the girls individual needs so the doppelganger kills the girl and takes her place imitating what the mother wants in order to blend in.
For me it would be schizophrenia.
He makes us see 'his other self' kill Elisa and take her place.
:( It could be both, the dissociative personality can appear to avoid a traumatic situations (based on another films, non medical diagnosis :lol: )