[REL] Polnische Ostern (2011)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Polnische Ostern (2011)

Post by ghost »   36 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1702385/?ref_=nv_sr_1
https://www.rarefilmfinder.com/movie.php?id=37481
Grumpy baker Grabosch can't bear the thought that his granddaughter, now that her mother has died, will live with her Polish father. He must get Mathilda back, by all means.
The girl is played by Paraschiva Dragus, known for "Operation Zucker" (https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 14&t=10867).

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.92 Gb]
Nasuada

Re: [REL] Polnische Ostern (2011)

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

That is a very nice movie from Germany and Paraschiva Dragus is a great looking little actress.
Take a look on it, if you can. And the DVD have english subs. If you need them, let me know. I can try to catch them from the DVD.

EDIT: The English sub you can found here: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 419#p86419
Last edited by Nasuada on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Image]
jpf

Post by jpf »   0 likes

Nasuada wrote:That is a very nice movie from Germany and Paraschiva Dragus is a great looking little actress.
Take a look on it, if you can. And the DVD have english subs. If you need them, let me know. I can try to catch them from the DVD.
Yes, please, share the subtitles. No need to OCR them, Vobsubs are OK. Hope ghost is still sharing the movie.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

jpf wrote:Yes, please, share the subtitles. No need to OCR them, Vobsubs are OK. Hope ghost is still sharing the movie.
Well... I try it yesterday to found a solution to extract the subs, but I didn't found it for Mac OS. I safe it to my Disc but I can only export the complete movie. So I need to search for a solution or someone has a tip here.
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

@Nasuada:

You have DVD with english subtitles? I would recommand Subtitle Edit to get a .srt file from it.
I don't know how to do it on a Mac... :(

And yes, I'm still sharing this movie ;)
jpf

Post by jpf »   1 likes

I'm not a Mac user myself but according to a few Mac forums I found, Avidemux seems to be the way to go.

Else make an .mkv or .mp4 of the movie using Handbrake and share it as a whole. Include the subtitles in the encode (but don't select "burned in"). Those will be in vobsub format and can easily be extracted in Windows or Linux using MKVToolNix.

Some versions of MKVToolNix for Mac may work for you, but some forums say later updates don't work on all Mac OS versions.

I definitely prefer vobsubs because if you OCR them carelessly to get an srt (like Subtitle Edit does) you'll likely lose most of the formatting (position, color, tabs, bold). Italics will likely be preserved, though.

Sometimes that matters, sometimes it doesn't. I've seen some DVDs where each character gets its lines displayed in a specific color, different from the other characters in the scene. (Spanish series "Aguila Roja" DVD pack). There are no hypens to signal speaker change. So if you lose the color formating you end up with a long plain text (in each subpicturre) and you can't tell who said what.

Same goes for position. Some DVDs show the lines left-justified, center-justified or right-justified according to the position the character ocupies in the scene. I've seen up to 4 positions simultaneously in some Italian DVD (4 characters speaking simultaneously, very Italian way!). If you lose the position information you get a total mess with some words of each character interleaved with words said by the other characters.

At least one DVD I've seen uses both color and position formatting. What a mess! I wonder how hearing impaired people make sense of that. But according BBC's subtitling rules this has a solid experimental basis (?).
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

jpf wrote:I'm not a Mac user myself but according to a few Mac forums I found, Avidemux seems to be the way to go.
I made not a full qoute, but I read all your tips and ideas and some of them I know like Handbrake or MKVToolNix.

So I start over after I read your post and start to convert the Video from Handbrake in a MKV File and yep... In MKVToolNix I can see the VOB File but the next step is unclear for me. I didn't found any way to export simply the subtitle File. I found a simple reading tutorial for that, but for some reason the steps until the Point who I need the Info around the export, vary so much from that what I see in the App. I watched a bit deeper around that and I think, that the devs intergrate some external things but that not helped me now and I found no documentation.
So I run out with Ideas again at the moment. The only last option is, to let run a virtual windows installation. So if someone have a tip what an App I can use under Windows to extract the Subs from a .mkv File, let me know.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Nasuada wrote: In MKVToolNix I can see the VOB File but the next step is unclear for me. I didn't found any way to export simply the subtitle File. ... The only last option is, to let run a virtual windows installation. So if someone have a tip what an App I can use under Windows to extract the Subs from a .mkv File, let me know.
I do not know anything about Mac, but I do know that in Windows you can extract any component of an MKV (video, audio, subtitles) with MKVExtractGUI-2, which works with MKVToolNix, which you apparently already have.

Look here:

Code: Select all

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mkvextractgui-2/
It is very fast and easy to use. Reading some Google search results, I see that it works with some versions of Mac OS. I also found this Google result
"How you can Extract an SRT From your MKV on the Mac"

Code: Select all

https://rdtk.net/software/how-you-can-extract-an-srt-from-your-mkv-on-the-mac/
but I have NOT tried these instructions because I do not have a Mac!

From what you have said, I think you are almost done. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Tanks for the links.

Well, I decide now to install mkvtoolnix and mkvextract under Windows. With the latest Version of MKVToolNix it will ran in errors, because I need to install a later Version (MKVToolNix 20.0.0) to get it to run. After that Step I successfully create two files ending with (Suffix) .idx and .sub. Great Job I think... I got it now. But if I open the .sub File, it have only cryptic characters and the .idx File have some timestamps inside (VobSub index file).

It looks like the same cryptic thing as I got after I try it under Mac. And yes, there are Subtiltes available. I can see the english subs and the MKVExtract Tool found that subtitle Files. So I'm slowly ran out of ideas what I can try.

Well, I will make now a new converting in Handbrake, because I decide to make a very tiny video file, because I need only the Subtitles and nothing more.

PS: If the Team like, the can split this tech parts and move it to another forum section.
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

If you have the .idx and .sub from the DVD: I would recommand to open it in SubtitleEdit and convert it to a .srt.

Sorry, if I still didn't get what's the problem...