[REL] Die Legende von Paul und Paula (1973) DEFA

FLL

[REL] Die Legende von Paul und Paula (1973) DEFA

Post by FLL »   33 likes

Still the most popular DEFA Film, this classic struck a chord with its portrayal of everyday life in East Berlin in this love story between a passionate single mother and a complacent, married bureaucrat. Paul, respectably employed but bored, is married to a woman whose only redeemable quality seems to be stunning beauty.
Ok. That's good, a very interesting (if dated) film. What's it's relevance to FLM?
RFF wrote:A completely immodest 8-year-old girl swims nude at a public beach.
Ah, that's better. But the bad news is, the scenes with 8 year old Paula's daughter are few, pretty much a beach scene plus some of her in the background in a short dress. She's not in any way a central character. I debated whether to post this at all, but it is OT and since it's listed at RFF people might be wondering.

Being the type to watch whole movies, I wouldn't mind subs so I could understand the subleties; none found on the net, though subbed versions seem to be for sale. If you are mostly interested in the OT scene, there's a clip with it on eMule.

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [697.85 Mb]

Interesting (to me) note: If you look for this movie on amazon.com, in their effort to get you to buy more stuff, they say:
What do customers ultimately buy after viewing this item?
42% buy the item featured on this page: The Legend of Paul and Paula
17% buy The Last Butterfly
16% buy Memoirs of a Survivor
14% buy L'Effrontee
11% buy Angela (1995)
Given that the others are all at FLM, this should be too! Apparently we aren't the only ones who look for OT stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070299/
Debaser

Re: [REL] Die Legende von Paul und Paula (1973) DEFA

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks FLL :)

No need to justify this release, this is one of those releases that vanished from FLM some time ago.

and I don’t think the rules have changed since then!
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Search EM for DEFA - you'll find quite a few gems there.

Does anyone know a way of searching for all Russian/East Europe films from 60s/70s - maybe a way on Google or RFF ? A lot of these seem to be very OT !!

Thanks
Debaser

This site (that you may already know about) has some, including good stills.

http://photofile.ru/users/tightkids/

I found a few on eMule after looking on that site for the titles
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Cheers man - had gone when I last looked :-))
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

FLL wrote: Interesting (to me) note: If you look for this movie on amazon.com, in their effort to get you to buy more stuff, they say:
What do customers ultimately buy after viewing this item?
42% buy the item featured on this page: The Legend of Paul and Paula
17% buy The Last Butterfly
16% buy Memoirs of a Survivor
14% buy L'Effrontee
11% buy Angela (1995)
Given that the others are all at FLM, this should be too! Apparently we aren't the only ones who look for OT stuff.
of course not! consider OT movies made available on emule! 5 years ago,,, ghost had and knew most of the OT movies available and he (together with infiniter) brought very many of the rare esp hungarian/italian/czech ones to emule,, people have been searching for years for those available through different networks starting online IN THIS ORDER yenool, moviegirls, cvmc, cic, FLM....... by no means are we the only ones....;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

It frightens me, how amazon is analysing your profile...
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

ghost wrote:It frightens me, how amazon is analysing your profile...
It would frighten me if they generated these results based upon their profile on me -- i.e, picked those particular movies because they thought based upon my purchases/browsing that I'd be interested. But I checked via a proxy and with cookies deleted, and the same "also bought" films showed up.

I (perhaps foolishly) don't care as much about Amazon tracking me as I do others. I see Amazon's primary motive as simply wanting make you buy more stuff, and they are very upfront with their tracking. Contrast that to someone like Google, who I am getting increasingly wary of, who keeps huge reams of information about searches which most people aren't aware of. But avoiding them probably just replaces one devil with another and degrades one's online experience in the process.
Debaser

I dont think any law exists that decides what aspects of a flm we enjoy.

So who cares about the analizing?