[REL] Superbiester! 'Nen Freund zum Geburtstag (1982)

emuler

Re: [REL] Superbiester! 'Nen Freund zum Geburtstag (1982)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Excellent. Give me some time, though - my daily quota on Mega is exhausted.
emuler

Post by emuler »   95 likes

David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:
A favour though please!! Would one of our german speaking Friends (Ghost maybe?!) on here care to type out the dialogue into german or english with rough timings?
:o :o :o I really would like to help you with this. Give me 3 days of free time... Not atm.. sorry.
Any news on a translation? Be good to have one. Am surprised there isn't one on the net somewhere - but I don't know all the places as i've only used https://www.srtfiles.com/
David32441

Am thinking of doing a translation on this film like I did on 'Inseperables'. Anyone interested?
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

David32441 wrote:Am thinking of doing a translation on this film like I did on 'Inseperables'. Anyone interested?
I'm interested! Can you translate it to English? Thank you!
David32441

mexlink wrote:
David32441 wrote:Am thinking of doing a translation on this film like I did on 'Inseperables'. Anyone interested?
I'm interested! Can you translate it to English? Thank you!
I'm giving it a go -but the Microsoft translator doesn't seem to like the German dialogue as much as the French - so it's only getting about 70% vs 90% of the dialogue. Doesn't help when people talk over each other too! But I'm a bit over halfway through now so probably will finish it in the coming weeks.
Harry789

Post by Harry789 »   0 likes

David32441 wrote: I'm giving it a go -but the Microsoft translator doesn't seem to like the German dialogue as much as the French - so it's only getting about 70% vs 90% of the dialogue. Doesn't help when people talk over each other too! But I'm a bit over halfway through now so probably will finish it in the coming weeks.
I'm working on a translation this could take serveral weeks.
This movie often uses german phrases from the eighties I don't think an AI could translate it well.
So pls be patient.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Harry789 wrote:
David32441 wrote: I'm giving it a go -but the Microsoft translator doesn't seem to like the German dialogue as much as the French - so it's only getting about 70% vs 90% of the dialogue. Doesn't help when people talk over each other too! But I'm a bit over halfway through now so probably will finish it in the coming weeks.
I'm working on a translation this could take serveral weeks.
This movie often uses german phrases from the eighties I don't think an AI could translate it well.
So pls be patient.
A lot of the work is timing all the subtitles. If you want I'll give you my SRT / ASS file (created by Aegisub) and you can slot your translations into that - then you don't have to do the timing too!
David32441

Harry789 - it sounds like your translation will be a lot better than my AI one. Let me know if you're doing timing "and" translation. If you are there's no point me carrying on with my translation+timing. Using Aegisub I found you can time the dialogue perfectly and very easily to within about a frame (1/25th of a second), so if you're doing it all I suggest using this. And to make it easier / quicker to read I find that making a ultra-fast encode at low resolution like 640x360 makes the dialogue more readable in Aegisub for timing purposes.
Harry789

Post by Harry789 »   6 likes

Made english subtitles.
Pls test.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.