[REL] Pather Panchali - (1955)

ARTHORIUS

[REL] Pather Panchali - (1955)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   22 likes

AKA - SONG OF THE ROAD

http://imdb.com/title/tt0048473/

Summary
The time is early twentieth century, a remote village in Bengal.The film deals with a Brahmin family, a priest - Harihar, his wife Sarbajaya, daughter Durga, and his aged cousin Indir Thakrun - struggling to make both ends meet.

Harihar is frequently away from home on work. The wife is raising her mischievous daughter Durga and caring for elderly cousin Indir, whose independent spirit sometimes irritates her... Apu is born. With the little boy's arrival, happiness, play and exploration uplift the children's daily life.

Durga and Apu share an intimate bond. They follow a candy seller whose wares they can not afford, enjoy the theatre, discover a train and witness a marriage ceremony. They even face death of their aunt - Indir Thakrun. Durga is accused of a theft. She fall ill after a joyous dance in rains of the monsoon. On a stormy day, when Harihar is away on work, Durga dies.

On Harihar's return, the family leaves their village in search of a new life in Benaras. The film closes with an image of Harihar, wife and son - Apu, slowly moving way in an ox cart
AND THE MOVIE

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.15 Gb]

CYA :thumbsup
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] PATHER PANCHALI - (1955)

Post by ghost »   21 likes

Thanks for this post. I also downloaded this one some days ago.

Other links with plenty of sources:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.91 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.59 Mb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

This is part 1 of the Apu trilogy. I liked the second one best Aparajito http://imdb.com/title/tt0048956/
These movies are masterpieces by the great director Satyajit Ray. Black and white, subtle, slow paced, bleak, depressing as hell but with flashes of wry humour. Resist the urge to hit the fast forward button; you'll enjoy his works better.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Thanks guys! Never heard of this. Are the other parts of the trilogy equally interesting / on-topic? Available on emule?

:clap
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

This one is the only one which has some child content. IMO ART posted the picture of the wrong girl. The elder daughter is much better looking. Poor people in rural India (especially in those days) don't have much to wear and the climate is hot, hence the occasional glimplses of nudity.

However, all of Satyajit Ray's movies are worth watching. Film schools have courses on his works. Teen Kanya (Three Girls) is already posted here, I think (btw, the 't' in 'teen' is soft and means 'three'). Search ed2k for Satyajit Ray; plenty of links.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

emuler wrote:ART posted the picture of the wrong girl. The elder daughter is much better looking.
:hand I'VE USED THE PICS PLACED ON GIRLS-IN-FILM BLOGSPOT, I DON'T KNOW IT THERE WAS THE SAME GIRLS ;)
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

This has been out on BluRay for a while - since 2015. There is even a 2160p version available - 17 GB - too much for me. I'm going for a 1.37 GB version.