[RREL] La discesa di aclà a Floristella (1992)

emuler

Re: [RREL] La discesa di aclà a Floristella (1992)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Uh-oh! Maybe I should just have quoted or linked to the IMDB content advisory. :(
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Just because some idiots commenting at IMDb want to act like fools does not mean we need to. A little discreetness goes a long way towards keeping everyone happy. Rationalizing ones actions by 'others are doing it' only encourages others to do it.

Both posts are harmless by themselves but if you look at the context of both together it depicts a different picture. If you want to call me the "censorship police" I am fine with that. Encouraging and not discouraging is the same as advocating. I know everyone who commented here in this thread cares a lot about this site. Comment how you want, but as long as the context is casting a dark shadow I will comment in favor of brighter futures. Like I said it is really not that difficult to be discreet. Vague words such as "otness" as starfish said or interesting, special and so on do have many meanings to different people.

8-)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:Just because some idiots commenting at IMDb want to act like fools does not mean we need to. A little discreetness goes a long way towards keeping everyone happy. Rationalizing ones actions by 'others are doing it' only encourages others to do it.
That wasn't my point in making the statement, ptg. Upon rereading my post though, I figured someone would latch onto that idea and throw it back.

I'm in full agreement with what you are saying.

My point was/is that 'imdb' is considered a VERY legit a website for information regarding just about every movie made. It doesn't shy away from pointing out 'child nudity' in certain films. Considering the nature of this forum, that basic reality should not be totally outlawed from being referred to.

Not that we should dwell on the matter, but we can't cry 'wolf' everytime someone mentions it...
emuler wrote:Uh-oh! Maybe I should just have quoted or linked to the IMDB content advisory. :(
lol..... All's well.. :thumbsup

For crikey's sake, we have a thread called 'p-movie list' in our 'General' forum.. :icon_biggrin2

How high and mighty can we really be here?? ;)

kev.
ptguardian

True, we do have a p-movie list and I PM'd the old admin's about how it was an extremely bad idea to keep it here. No replies back to me about it(or at least no intent was given to do something by the one who did reply).... Another one of the reasons why I have said the old administration was borderline advocating CP by not doing the obvious to stop it and or prevent it. Perhaps it is the thrill of skating that fine line that provokes people here to rationalize posting as such? High and mighty or how self absorbed and careless? Such fetishes are associated with sex and should never be 'highlighted' when mixed in with the context of children.

By the way I only commented on this thread because parama brought it up. Otherwise I would not have. Hopefully with what has been said here and the fact we are all in agreement that we are not trying to advocate CP nothing will be said again for a long while.

8-)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   2 likes

kev wrote:My point was/is that 'imdb' is considered a VERY legit a website for information regarding just about every movie made. It doesn't shy away from pointing out 'child nudity' in certain films. Considering the nature of this forum, that basic reality should not be totally outlawed from being referred to.

Not that we should dwell on the matter, but we can't cry 'wolf' everytime someone mentions it...
This is a never-ending issue I doubt will ever get completely settled. Here's my take on it...

What determines the line between innocuous and obnoxious is intent. When IMDb says "this film has full frontal nudity of children" it's a caution to let people know there may be objectionable material. When someone says "I want this film because it has full frontal nudity of children", it's a promotion of the 'objectionable' material. It's perfectly OK to watch a movie that has child nudity in it - those scenes are part of the 'cultural experience' (whatever the hell THAT is) - but if you clip out only those scenes and splice them together, you've just created something that's borderline CP because your intent is the nudity in and of itself.

My point is that the entire film itself should be the focus, not just the 'interesting' scenes. I personally don't care whether someone watches a film just to see a few seconds of 'naughty bits' - that's none of my business - but it's in everyone's interest to avoid promoting questionable behavior. We've tried hard not to censor anyone except in the most blatant cases and we haven't removed any of the old posts either, but I don't want to go back to the 'old days' where I was ashamed to let anyone know I'm associated with FLM. Keeping a lower profile makes a lot of sense - it's the tall blade of grass that gets cut first, so we should try not to be tall.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Well said, Phuzzy4242. I agree totally. :clap

When I decide to watch a film, I ask myself 'Is this likely to be a good film?' and look for recommendations from friends here and elsewhere. If it has cute kids in it, that's a big bonus. Nude or not - don't care much either way. Actually, I prefer non-nude, as I can watch those with family and friends.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Ahhh, I missed your sweet Elle avatar, emuler. :heart
ptguardian

I concur it is good to see the avatar back emuler 8-)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks, Phuzzy and ptg. :D When I realised my old avatar was gone and I'd have to do it from scratch, I considered picking another image, but I love this one too much - those eyes. :inlove
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

she aint quite got that look anymore :D