[REL] Un Dramma borghese (1979)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Un Dramma borghese (1979)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

heiber wrote:You can upload low quality version of film without publishing it, wait overnight while transcription does its magic, then copy the text.
OH you are so clever. Smart thinking. This sounds like a good idea that some people will want to try.

I have some experience with ripping subtitles from YouTube videos, including the rather messy speech-to-text ones, and also with various translation services. The one holdup was videos that might require audio transcription that were NOT on YouTube, and you have apparently solved that. Good job!
but you can view/copy just the raw text without the timecodes and manually input using subtitle edit.
Subtitle Edit IS indeed wonderful, but I hope someone shoots me if I decide to try and manually input timecodes. I just don't have the energy (or patience) for that, and I am very impressed with those who do.

Although ... if any video or subtitle is blocked from downloading by one software, I just keep trying other programs until I find one that grabs it. No site is allowed to tell me I can't have something!!
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

heiber wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:54 am Here's another version of subs that more accurately reflects the Italian audio. Used YouTube's AI auto-closed caption service which "listens" to the audio of video and automatically transcribes it. Used the text of the Italian audio from that to translate it to English. The technology hasn't been perfected yet, so in those few moments just translated the French subtitles.

Un dramma borghese [SATRip Sky] (Florestano Vancini - 1979, con Franco Nero, Lara... Di Lazzaro).srt
Hi, I can't seem to get any seeds for this sub. Can you please reshare it?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

mexlink wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:28 am Hi, I can't seem to get any seeds for this sub. Can you please reshare it?
I found heiber's video and also reshared it. I found what I was mostly sure is heiber's subtitle file, but I had changed the name or maybe did some slight edit so it no longer had the same ed2k link. I compared it and it is definitely different than my own crappy machine translation, so it MUST be heiber's much better translation. Here:
Un dramma borghese [SATRip Sky] (Florestano Vancini - 1979, con Franco Nero, Lara Wendel, Dalila Di Lazzaro).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mexlink

Night457 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:17 am
mexlink wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:28 am Hi, I can't seem to get any seeds for this sub. Can you please reshare it?
I found heiber's video and also reshared it. I found what I was mostly sure is heiber's subtitle file, but I had changed the name or maybe did some slight edit so it no longer had the same ed2k link. I compared it and it is definitely different than my own crappy machine translation, so it MUST be heiber's much better translation. Here:

Un dramma borghese [SATRip Sky] (Florestano Vancini - 1979, con Franco Nero, Lara Wendel, Dalila Di Lazzaro).zip
Thank you very much!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:35 pm
heiber wrote:You can upload low quality version of film without publishing it, wait overnight while transcription does its magic, then copy the text.
OH you are so clever. Smart thinking. This sounds like a good idea that some people will want to try.

I have some experience with ripping subtitles from YouTube videos, including the rather messy speech-to-text ones, and also with various translation services. The one holdup was videos that might require audio transcription that were NOT on YouTube, and you have apparently solved that. Good job!
but you can view/copy just the raw text without the timecodes and manually input using subtitle edit.
Subtitle Edit IS indeed wonderful, but I hope someone shoots me if I decide to try and manually input timecodes. I just don't have the energy (or patience) for that, and I am very impressed with those who do.

Although ... if any video or subtitle is blocked from downloading by one software, I just keep trying other programs until I find one that grabs it. No site is allowed to tell me I can't have something!!
To circumvent any content/dmca restrictions on YouTube, one could also just merge the audio of a film with a video file that is just a black screen for the entirety of the Film and then Upload The Video to YouTube as „unlisted/private“ video and wait for YouTube to create the subtitles.
goku33

Half a year ago, they released a DVD of this film:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09VWHZN9P
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail/- ... m/10928020

Italian distributor:
https://www.varietydistribution.it/en/catalogue/mimi/

According to this Italian movie database, the canadian tv version is 3 minutes longer than the German & Italian Tv version:

https://cinema-italiano-db.de/film.php? ... &inhalte=0
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:38 pm To circumvent any content/dmca restrictions on YouTube, one could also just merge the audio of a film with a video file that is just a black screen for the entirety of the Film and then Upload The Video to YouTube as „unlisted/private“ video and wait for YouTube to create the subtitles.
Ha, that is what I ended up doing! (Except I used yellow, so I could distinguish an actual video from just plain nothing.) Correcting the overlapping timecodes that YT created ended up being so time-consuming that I started to see the benefit of heiber's suggestion to just manually input the text. (And, I suppose, use the SubtitleEdit waveform view to create the subtitle timing).
goku33

I managed to get a hold of the dvd. Will post it soon. Life’s just been rough recently
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:11 pm I managed to get a hold of the dvd. Will post it soon. Life’s just been rough recently

Oooh, goody! Full .iso? :D

Don't worry about it, no rush. We're not going anywhere. Life gets that way sometimes.
mexlink

goku33 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:11 pm I managed to get a hold of the dvd. Will post it soon. Life’s just been rough recently
Thanks, goku! Any update on that dvd?