[REL] Ptitsy bez gnyozd AKA Birds Without a Nest (1996)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Ptitsy bez gnezd (1996)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Any update for bluray or other HD format?

Although it is only a short scene in the pool but that makes the movie interesting ;) ;) ;)
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] Ptitsy bez gnyozd (1996)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   1 likes

[Image]

[Image]
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
jezevex

Re: [REL] Ptitsy bez gnyozd (1996)

Post by jezevex »   5 likes

HD Upgrade!

https://sensitivecontent.info/movie.php?id=809

Meanwhile without an e-mule link, firstly I will let the others decide whether it belongs to RELeases or it's off-topic...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Ptitsy bez gnyozd AKA Birds Without a Nest (1996)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   31 likes

Many films such as this one have only minimal screen time for the children, but we'll leave it here since it's been here forever.

Here is jezevex' file:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [420.22 Mb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I guess this means I am not the only one to regularly check c.i.c. for inspiration?

Note: the YouTube video posted goes all the way up to 1440p!!! Wow!!! Hopefully Sully23 is pleased with this belated good news.

I noticed this version is 3 minutes shorter than previous versions and I am not sure why, as I have not watched it yet. I did compare the length on one of the "FLM scenes" and found it the same between two versions, which suggests that it is NOT a speed / frame rate issue but due to snipped footage. (But I won't swear to that.) Maybe there was something in it that is now politically out of favor? If so, I am sure it would be lost on me, as there are no subtitles. I took the auto-generated Russian subtitles and machine-translated them, but the results are even more incomprehensible than usual. I have a sinking feeling that I will watch this and be utterly bewildered for most of it.

But then that is nothing new for me. ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

On closer comparison, this new HD version is just a little faster, so there is apparently no missing footage. It is really difficult to make PAL vs NTSC comparisons with digital files, where the encoding framerate makes no difference in the runtime!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

where the encoding framerate makes no difference in the runtime
Only changing the framerate in your encoding software won't do the job (if even gets the wrong framerate and the movement will look jerky).
You never should do that.

You can do the right job with "assuming" a different framérate with a script using AviSynth or Adobe Premiere/After Effects/Media Encoder is able to do this.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Does anyone want the 1440p YouTube version? It is 2 GB.
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:Only changing the framerate in your encoding software won't do the job (if even gets the wrong framerate and the movement will look jerky).
You never should do that.
I never deliberately change the frame rate and I try to pay attention to the source so I do not do it accidentally, although I never experimented to see what bad results would ensue. However, I am sure lots of people do NOT pay attention, and I have seen that plenty of software defaults to a value that is NOT "use same framerate as source," so I am certain that I encounter changed framerates all the time. That is what I meant by comparing framerates of two digital videos: it does not necessarily indicate the framerate of the source (TV broadcast, DVD, VHS, film telecine) nor does it affect the runtime.

But with professionally manufactured DVDs, you can figure that they most likely ARE paying attention to framerates (unless they are incompetent hacks) so a (25 fps) PAL DVD will be faster and shorter than a (24 fps) NTSC DVD by about 4% with ready predictability. Figuring out the reasons for different runtimes on different video files, nothing is predictable! Hence the constant nail-biting in film forums like this: "Wait, is this version missing some footage!?! It's 3 minutes shorter!!!" Maybe it is missing stuff, and maybe it ain't! I am guilty of this nail-biting myself, because I know that sometimes TV / DVD / videos are cut.

Now that you have explained what effort is necessary to change the runtime on a video, I am certain that I will not do it. Thanks!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yes, Night.. That's the reason why we often see video files with very jerky movements... I think that many people just use Handbrake for decoding and its default setting is at 30 fps. I've seen many Web-Rips with that framerate and they look quite terrible.

But I see, that you know about it ;) So, I did misunderstood your previoues post ;)