[REL] Korolevstvo krivykh zerkal (1964)

Rich

[REL] Korolevstvo krivykh zerkal (1964)

Post by Rich »   7 likes

Korolevstvo krivykh zerkal AKA Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors AKA The Kingdom of False Mirrors (1964)

[Image]
Bizarre fantasy from Aleksandr Rou, the Russian madman who gave the world the great SADKO (JACK FROST) and THE MAGIC WEAVER. A precocious little girl with big bows and a really short dress falls through a hole in her bedroom mirror, and enters a weird Slavic wonderland, ala "Alice". She also turns into twins, a strange and somewhat provocative development.

The twins run through fantastic sets, and meet truly bizarre characters, including animals turned into humans, a Rou (or perhaps Russian fantasy) trademark. The bulk of this wild and winsome film is lively, preposterous costume drama, almost like a kiddie sword-n-sandal epic. One of the odder live-action fantasies of the 60s, released in the US only to the educational film market, in a shortened, dubbed version.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [696.41 Mb]

Rich :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145033/
starfish21

[REL]Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors (1964)-Korolevstvo krivykh z

Post by starfish21 »   20 likes

Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors (1964)
Original title: Королевство кривых зеркал [Korolevstvo krivykh zerkal]

[Image]

Plot / Synopsis
Olya meets Yalo, while looking into the mirror. The story is about Olya learning to see herself differently, but this occurs through an experience in the Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors. The two girls, Olya and Yalo, find themselves on an adventure to save Gurd, imprisoned for refusing to make crooked mirrors. He is jailed by the kingdom's evil forces, the trio Anidag, Nushrok, and Abazh. They meet Aunt Askal, The King's Chef, who helped them on their journey by hiding them and dressing them up as two pages of the King Yagupop the 77th. On meeting the king, the girls realise the extent of his stupidity, and discover who is really in charge. Despite Olya's bumbling mistakes, Gurd is saved, and evil is defeated...
review
People, people! This film is nothing like Alice in Wonderland, and forget about "cheap special effects." This is a Soviet film from the 60's after all. The broken jar has nothing to do with special mushrooms. Tarrop is not like criticisms of W; it's a tongue-and-cheek criticism of "rotten capitalism". It is pure unabashed sly propaganda aimed at children. But of course, having watched it as a kid growing up in USSR, you get engrossed in the actual fairy-tale aspects of having strong friendships, being honest, etc.. Yes, in Soviet films, they always made girls' dresses short, but in schools you would be kicked out if your dress was shorter than knee-length. .... it is a straight-forward propaganda tale that also taught kids good moral qualities, without all the super-junky-sugar coat freakiness of Disney cartoons. It is reminiscent of the cartoon "Three Fatsos" where there is also a commentary against imperialist enslavement of people via classicism and basically call for unity of the proletariat. Or even the Italian story of "Adventures of Chipollino". Again, everyone, it is not like Alice in Wonderland (how irritating and presumptuous)! It is a great Soviet classic! [Slightly edited by nurkunst]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145033/

Runtime: 1 hour 15 minutes
Language: Russian
Subtitles: English (.srt)
Genre: Family | Fantasy
Complete name : Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors (1964).avi
Format : AVI
File size : 697 MiB
Duration : 1h 14mn
Overall bit rate : 1 301 Kbps
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
Width : 512 pixels
Height : 384 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 25.000 fps

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [43.8 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [697.24 Mb]
ptguardian

Re: [REL]Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors (1964)-Korolevstvo krivy

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I found it streamed at one of the Russian sites and it looks like some fun.

Thanks 8-)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Looking very cute. Thanks, starfish21. :)
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Should we move the original release to Graveyard or merge into this thread?

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... f=21&t=515
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Korolevstvo krivykh zerkal (1964)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I don't know the quality of Rich's version but starfish's is quite good, along with good subs, and it came in blazing fast.

Thanks for bringing this (back), along with your excellent screen caps, starfish.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

If you want an upgrade rip, the one I got off torrent is very nice and the subs starfish posted match ;)

http://bitsnoop.com/%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%80% ... 95922.html

[Image]
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i did think this was familiar,but couldn't find anything by search.April 2004,one of the first releases here i believe.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:If you want an upgrade rip, the one I got off torrent is very nice
i just discovered that the site i got this from has the upgrade verson as well,i just clicked the first one i found.

[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This is a fun romp with cute girls, evil bad guys, magic, and no Disney special effects. What more could you ask for? :)