[REL] Fugitivas (2000)

loverboy

[REL] Fugitivas (2000)

Post by loverboy »   31 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0263363/

Tony (Laia Marull) is a young crook preparing for a bank robbery with her boyfriend Juanjo (Jesus Olmedo) and their low-life partners Maxi (Miguel Hermoso Arnao) and Moco (Roberto Cairo). Right before they commit the crime, Juanjo informs Tony that his prostitute sister wants him to take her young daughter Laura (Beatriz Coronel) to visit the girl's father, a flamenco singer in the Spanish southern coastal town of Tarifa. Juanjo persuades the initially reluctant Tony that Laura will provide the couple with a perfect cover after they relieve their partners of the robbery's earnings. Unfortunately, though the robbery comes off without a hitch, the duplicitous Juanjo absconds with the cash, making Tony and Laura fugitives both from the law and from the psychotically angry Maxi and Moco.
Tony is a streetwise young woman whose precariously carefree existence has made her tough, uncouth, and rough-aggressive, so much so that she is apparently unhindered by any sense of morality; she hangs about with her unscrupulous contriving boyfriend Juanjo and two other violent yobos, living on the edge of the law in a suburb of Madrid.
So the foursome decide to pull off a robbery at a state-lottery outlet. But after making it to their stolen getaway car with the loot, Juanjo and Tony ditch their two mates – their plan: to drive down to Tarifa and escape across the strait to Tangiers. But for that they need to make with a non-stolen car, so the plan involves borrowing Juanjo’s sister’s car, which he’d previously arranged to do in exchange for taking his seven-year-old niece to her father in Tarifa.
Laura had lived with her grandmother, her mother being a home-based prostitute. So when the grandmother died, her mother was less than thrilled to have her – and is happy to send her off to her father (whom Laura has never met) for a time. So she agrees to lend her brother Juanjo her car for his "sojourn" down south (she doesn’t know about the robbery) in exchange for his delivering Laura to her father.
So, Juanjo and Tony head south – saddled with Laura. Tony makes no attempt to fake any interest in or to get along with the child – after all, they’ll be rid of her soon enough. But an unexpected turn of events leaves Tony alone with Laura halfway to their destination. A fugitive, and with no money, the last thing Tony needs is to be burdened with Laura – who by the way, is no concern of hers – in the middle of nowhere. So wouldn’t the natural thing for Tony, used only to looking out for herself, be to abandon the child at some gas station?
On the run from the cops, and pursued by the vicious bloodthirsty blokes they had doubled-crossed, there is still space for creating a beautiful memory as a young woman leads a blindfolded girl across the sand dunes to introduce her to the sea – and to remember her own happy moments of childhood. So I wonder, is the uncaring, self-centered Tony who would participate in an armed robbery and in assailing an innocent if it came down to it, the same Tony who would return to the place she escaped her hunters from, risking her own life in the bargain, to retrieve the abandoned child, a child whom she had not cared a tuppence about only hours ago?
Reminiscent of a hard-bitten hitman who, almost without knowing why, opens his door unto a child in need*, the enured Tony finds Laura becoming the centre of her universe, and, in spite of herself, she can't (wont?) stop it from happening.
Filmed against the enchanted backdrop of chalk-coated villages, the aura of flamenco and dreamy sea breeze, Fugitivas will linger long after its end credits roll by.

Web page with some great screenshots!

http://bobbys-world.net/My%20Movie%20Re ... tivas.html

My own somewhat more modest attempts!

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

Not my rip.......thanks to the original poster.
Spanish language

Like this post to see ed2k links  [690.80 Mb]

English subs.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [61.2 Kb]

Same subs available here

http://www.subtitles-divx.net/d/76053/Fugitivas.html

Enjoy!
terry666

Re: [REL] Fugitivas (2000)

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

Ok. This looks like something worth grabbing! Thanks for posting it here.

(BTW, what's with the font color in your description above? Reminds me of those old game books where you needed a magic pen to reveal the answers. In this case, highlighting the text with my cursor makes it easier to read.)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:(BTW, what's with the font color in your description above? Reminds me of those old game books where you needed a magic pen to reveal the answers. In this case, highlighting the text with my cursor makes it easier to read.)
In this case the synopsis came from two different sources. Done simply to differentiate.

Anyway, it's easier to read than YELLOW! :) :) :)
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Wow...pretty girl...thank you...d/l now :thumbsup
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:...In this case the synopsis came from two different sources. Done [used 2 different colors] simply to differentiate.

Anyway, it's easier to read than YELLOW! :) :) :)
Actually yellow is much easier to read against FLM's dark gray background than the 2 colors (blue&red) that were used. ;)

Great movie, though. I've had this on DVD for awhile now, dunno why I've never thought to rip it... Thanks for releasing it, loverboy!

kev.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Though not a fetish person myself, I'm bumping this movie for BLT for reasons I'm sure will be understood from the pix below. (In case, by some stretch, he's NOT already familiar with it...) ;)

[Image]

Bump!

kev.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

kev wrote:Though not a fetish person myself, I'm bumping this movie for BLT for reasons I'm sure will be understood from the pix below. (In case, by some stretch, he's NOT already familiar with it...)
I bought this DVD several years ago, without knowing about the scene. It was one hell of a surprise when I first watched it :eyecrazy
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   22 likes

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   36 likes

popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Nice! Never seen this one.

Don't go quietly into the night.