[REL] Pippi Långstrump (1969) [TV series]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Pippi Långstrump (1969) [TV series]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Well, I don't speak Swedish either. If either of us did, we would not need English subtitles for a Swedish movie, right? All your suggestions were carefully thought out and based on a keen understanding of and clear love for the material. They greatly clarified some points on which I was "lost" or at least floundering, and I really appreciate your input. Thanks!
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   1 likes

Offtopic: I found from youtube a little fragment from first Pippi movie from 1949 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYjjV6KZXhY
Person who plays Pippi ia way too old for that role there :P
Even worse than in US adaption from 1988
Night457
Global Moderator

ferdi111 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:56 pm Person who plays Pippi ia way too old for that role there :P
Hey, thanks for this curiosity, ferdi! Strange that they only have part of the film.

Viveca Serlachius was "only" 26 at the time, still younger than Siw Malmkvist at age 46!

[Image]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Yeah yeah, I KNOW!

I should be watching movies rather than working again!

But you know, the fact that I haven't done a movie backup in a couple months has been one of those thoughts that's been occasionally bugging me when I try to sleep. And I keep avoiding it. Now, as I comb through my files, I am finding that I have missed a few episodes here and there of some important series.

Glad I caught this one! First of all, I must give my thanks for this incredible project Night has done, capturing a great source for the complete Pippi series along with editing the subtitles! Many thanks. Second, any way I could get episodes 12 and 13 and the subs from episodes 6 onwards?

:D :mrgreen: :D
Night457
Global Moderator

I back up every single day! Unfortunately most files are only on one of many external drives and what is on my computer frequently gets deleted. I have not had one external drive fail yet, but if it does I will lose many files. I should really copy everything over to a SECOND set of external drives and put them in a bank safety deposit box.

I am still sharing the Pippi series and all the subtitles, and I am pretty sure all the other Lindgren I released. I see you getting episode 12 from me now. Earlier today I was off emule to do Windows backups.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

My Alternate English "LONGSTOCKING SUBTITLES" are posted in a ZIP file here:
viewtopic.php?p=85963&#p85963

And here are my original English Långstrump subtitles that I have on emule also:
Pippi Långstrump ENGLISH 01-13.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:06 pm Unfortunately most files are only on one of many external drives and what is on my computer frequently gets deleted. I have not had one external drive fail yet, but if it does I will lose many files. I should really copy everything over to a SECOND set of external drives...
Exactly. I've also got a system of multiple backups, made slightly more complicated because it's over a series of extra hard drives. I have lost either 4 or 5 hard drives in the past, 2 internal, rest external. Some, I was able to backup before complete collapse or I was able to revive after removing from external encasing. One external that I revived last year was from around 2005. Kept it for years after it stopped working, till I finally tried a random idea. Some help thread recommend trying to start the HD upside down. And after 12 or so years of being dormant, it starts up!

So, I've learned the lesson the hard way a couple of times.

Thanks for sharing the goods!

edit: Oh yes! Thanks for the original subs. I was looking for those specifically, as I had already grabbed the alternate "English nomenclature" version. ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

4 or 5 drives died, wow! So far I have only had a thumb drive completely lock up. When everything I tried and the experts suggested failed, I used a hammer. It "worked" -- to relieve the aggravation.

I know from experience that when a computer dies (and it WILL) that recovering the files on the internal drive is quite possible but also tedious. So I back up everything, and if there is only one day's worth I do not have, then I just will not bother.

Upside down, huh? I have also heard crazy stuff like sealing it in a Ziploc bag and putting it in the freezer until it is super cool, as a way to get it working temporarily at least to get the files off of it. I don't know about that one.

I kind of figured that you read threads closely enough to have seen the previously zipped alternate version and just wanted the emule originals. It is strange that people seem to access videos easily enough but their 'Mule has a hard time finding subtitles.
PuffyCo

Post by PuffyCo »   1 likes

This is an awesome thread for me to find. I have always wanted the TV series with English Subs, knowing that movies made from this series were missing scenes. A while ago I had seen the original episode 01 and in the very first part they slide down the staircase railing. Annika plops her plump little biscuit right on the rail and slides down! Was not in the movie. Guess it was also considered to hot for TV haha.

Newb question though, I was able to download episodes 01 and 02 from the eMule link in the first posts here, but once fully downloaded the files will not play. They are MKV, I use Daums Pot Player. Just curious if this is common or if I missed a step.It says "The File exists, but does not seem to have any video". Strange.

Appreciated friends,
Night457
Global Moderator

I am glad you are thrilled with this, PuffyCo! I had noticed that Tommy zips down right quick, but Annika's rail slide seemed to be very prolonged. I guess it is because she is so super cautious.
PuffyCo wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:35 pm once fully downloaded the files will not play. They are MKV, I use Daums Pot Player. Just curious if this is common or if I missed a step.It says "The File exists, but does not seem to have any video". Strange.
Whaaaaat? That is disappointing. They play easily for me with VLC and MPC and my blu-ray player. Suggestion: try a different video player rather than fight with it. (I have used some kind of Pot Player in the past but I don't remember my experience with it. But I don't see why it would not play an MKV.)

Of course, first make sure you have it downloaded 100% and not partial, and the file is named with the .mkv extension it is supposed to have. And make sure you are clicking on the MKV and not the SRT!
vlcsnap-2022-12-16-22h28m38s269.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-12-16-22h30m04s350.jpg
EDIT: I downloaded and installed Daum Pot Player 32-bit from MajorGeeks and it played the videos just fine. (And now I have another video player available.) If you have the files complete, I don't know WHAT the problem is. Sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.