[REL] Seppan (1986)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Seppan (1986)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

OK, fixed it. phpBB lets you move a topic and leave a "shadow" in the original location. This topic was in the [REL]ease section but I must not have cleared the checkbox to leave a shadow in the [REQ]uest section when I originally moved it.
B0btailfluffy

Post by B0btailfluffy »   1 likes

Does anyone have just the subs (Eng) for this please ?

Thank you
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I am sorry to report that I have been unable to find subtitles. I have confirmed that the videos streaming at SVTPLAY do not have subtitles. (Sometimes they have Swedish, which can be captured and machine-translated.) However, I came across a report that this is among the films that has been digitised for the cinema with both Swedish and English subtitles. So if you know anyone who has the interest and money to book the DCP for a cinema showing, you are all set.

I would think that having the complete digital package ready for the cinema, streaming should be an option in the future. Perhaps Amazon, Netflix etc., and then someone can get it.
B0btailfluffy

Post by B0btailfluffy »   0 likes

Thanks Night
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   49 likes

So, here's the real thing. The restored version and in 1080p. The two parts got combined into one long movie.
It's a bit shorter (about 8 minutes are missing).
They cropped it, but less than 16:9, so I can tolerate it.

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.88 Gb]

I wanted to have English subtitles, so I made them:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [46.7 Kb]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:03 am So if you know anyone who has the interest and money to book the DCP for a cinema showing, you are all set.
Whoa check it out, looks like ghost figured it out. I could have guessed ghost had the know-how to book a personal showing/streaming. :P

Many thanks ghost for finding this and compiling it all into a nice package and for making the subtitles. Considering it appears to be an UNcommon movie, I do not mind missing 8 minutes, especially since it nicely come with homemade subs! Though, I am curious what those 8 minutes are.

It looks like yoko's upload from 2014 is 2h9m, though I am not compelled to check.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you ghost! This looked like one that would benefit from dialog comprehension, so I did not actually watch it after downloading a few years ago.
pillowbaker wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:26 am Whoa check it out, looks like ghost figured it out.
I guess he had a whispered chat with someone to get those subs. 8-)
Though, I am curious what those 8 minutes are.
Me too. I really can not see anything ban-worthy for Sweden, and the credits do not take up anything near 8 minutes. The director is probably one of those who feels compelled to retool their earlier works to improve it for a new audience, snipping out or reediting the parts they feel no longer work. I don't think we will see new CGI characters in this one however. :P
It looks like yoko's upload from 2014 is 2h9m, though I am not compelled to check.
It is. (Well, 2h08m07s confirmed.) The yoko (&uloz) FLV is 720p and currently shared on eMule, so anyone who wants can do a scene-by-scene comparison. The longer two-parter is also streaming on SVT, for those who can VPN with a Swedish server:
https://www.svtplay.se/video/8pXgMB8/se ... ?info=visa
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I really can not see anything ban-worthy for Sweden
I really had no time and nerves to compare every single scene between the SVT-version and the movie. I just think it were some short scenes that aren't important for the plot and they didn't want to get the movie too long.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

That's what I figured too. I scrolled quickly through the 2-parter and the movie just to look at the video but did not compare their scenes, for the very same reason.

But THANK YOU VERY MUCH they did not feel it necessary to remove the scene with the bull pizzle in use, so they clearly don't care about revolting the audience with animal pr0n. :roll:
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

I assumed the same. So thank you very much for the convenient package of this movie.

I am considering new projects. Do you have any movie you've ever wanted subbed, but don't want to spoil it by the subbing process?