[REL] His Dark Materials (2019) Tv Series

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] His Dark Materials (2019) Tv Series

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks, Night457, for bringing this series back to my mind!

I was curious and took a short check on episode 1 and the music of the intro catched me again at once ;) :o , so I think i MUST also watch S02.

Lyra already looks a bit older, but that won't stop me from watching. Yes, Phuz: time is the problem... :cry:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Lyra already looks a bit older, but that won't stop me from watching.
In the books Lyra is supposed to be 12, which is only important because in this story-universe a person's daemon settles into its final form with the onset of adolescence. Lyra's daemon continues changing form all the time; hence, Lyra is a pre-adolescent.

Dafne of course is not. In Season 1, I thought it pretty funny that she was always dressed in frumpy, shapeless clothing, and figured they did that so that viewers would not be distracted at the inconsistency in how physically mature Lyra was supposed to be vs. how Dafne actually was. In Season 2, they finally ditch her filthy overalls for more stylish shorts-and-blouse, but still have characters telling Lyra that she is safe from the Spectres because she is a little girl, before she has had her "change"!

I am 4 episodes in. For those who hate CGI animals, I can reassure you that they seem to be used more sparingly this season and they look more convincing. They are still present all the time but they are not the focus of attention, i.e. the first season's showy "Look at all the exciting CGI action!" emphasis. I think the skills of the CGI artists have improved enormously. Don't cringe. There is still a real story there to hold your interest.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I had downloaded Season 1 many days ago, but I fell asleep while watching the first episode. Literally. :icon_old :oops:
Will try again.
Night457
Global Moderator

I fell asleep while watching Episode 1 of Season 2, so I figured it must be good! I do this all the time, but only with things I like. If something is boring or annoying I suffer in wide-awake torture through the whole thing. If it is enjoyable I can relax enough to sleep.
Night457
Global Moderator

Hooboy, anyone frustrated with the lack of resolution in Season 1 is going to be even more pissed off with Season 2! They might as well have said "Tune in a year from now for the exciting conclusion."

It doesn't bother me, because I believe It is all about the journey, not the destination.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:Hooboy, anyone frustrated with the lack of resolution in Season 1 is going to be even more pissed off with Season 2! They might as well have said "Tune in a year from now for the exciting conclusion."

It doesn't bother me, because I believe It is all about the journey, not the destination.
I didn't even start season 2 yet. But yes, I was not pleased with the ending of season 1 :cry:

So.. Hmmm... Well, I will be prepeared for episode 7 :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:I didn't even start season 2 yet. But yes, I was not pleased with the ending of season 1 :cry:
So.. Hmmm... Well, I will be prepeared for episode 7 :lol:
:idea: You could just watch the first 6 episodes and put off number 7 until October of next year, then you would not have to wait long for the conclusion.
ghost wrote:The source is Amazon Prime Video. I dunno if Night457's files have a TV logo.
The files I found were sourced from BBC, and I was pleased and surprised that they did NOT have a TV logo at all. However, the first 6 episodes had the annoying BBC announcer interrupt the beginning of the end credits to promote the next broadcast program. Episode 7 had no such interruption: perfect.

When I first searched emule, I was finding up to 30+ results per episode. Get 'em from wherever they have sources, folks!
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Available on torrent in larger sizes for those who prefer them. Season 1 - 13.3 GB; Season 2 - 9 GB.

I can share on emule if someone wants, bearing in mind the LowID thing, of course.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:Hooboy, anyone frustrated with the lack of resolution in Season 1 is going to be even more pissed off with Season 2! They might as well have said "Tune in a year from now for the exciting conclusion."
I was royally pissed at the end of season 1. That was a shxtty way to treat an audience, and made me want to just say F U. A normal season is (I think) 23 weeks, so abruptly ending at 8 episodes just as the story was getting intense was like going to a movie theater to watch a two hour film and having it abruptly cut off 30 minutes into it at the very instant the Klingons blow up the Enterprise. You want to yell "What the hell?!? Play the rest of it, dammit."

Knowing they did the same thing at the end of season 2, I don't care how good it is, I won't watch it until all of season 3 is released, and if that ends the same way, they can piss off completely.