i didnt realise this was set in glasgow around the time i was 13
abel

Re: [RREL] Ratcatcher (1999)

Post by abel »   0 likes

Until now no sources showed.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Be patient. I'm downloading the leVen version (second pair of links) and I have 23 very generous sources, 9 of them having the complete file (CD1).

You have LowID, so you take a little longer to get started. See what you can do to fix that problem - it is worth the trouble. Usually it is related to your firewall and your router. Not very difficult. However, there are certain rare cases where the ISP is configured in such a way that HighID is not possible, so then you are stuck with LowID and have to learn to live with it.

For configuring your router, go here: http://www.portforward.com
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Thanks for advice, I´m a technical idiot, so I´d never find it out on my own. Nevertheless, a free copy of portforward seems unable to configure my router, which in addition isn´t listed among supported routers (it´s an ASUS WL-500gP).
emuler

AAARGH! The instructions on portforward.com are free, but the advertising banners lead you to paid software that supposedly does the configuration for you. Ignore those offsite links, and just follow the instructions manually.

Important: write down (paper/ Notepad/ screenshot/ whatever) your current configuration which you can see by opening a command window (DOS box) and typing ipconfig /all +enter.

simple steps:
1. set up a static IP for your NIC (network interface card)
2. forward the ports used by eMule in your router
3. save settings in router
4. cycle power to the router
5. reboot computer :thumbsup
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Thx Emuler, will follow your advices and report the results.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Hm, the first step is done. But then:2. forward the ports used by eMule in your router. No idea how to do it.
emuler

Look at the modem/router that you use to connect to the internet (I'm assuming you have ADSL). Note down the make and model, then find that model on http://www.portforward.com/english/rout ... rindex.htm. Click that link, find the link for the client that you are using, and follow the instructions.

If your particular model is not listed, check the instructions for the closest match from the same manufacturer - the steps for that should give you a good idea of how to go about it, but if you are still stuck, they have a good forum too, or you can ask me and I'll help out whichever way I can.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can only queue up to download one file from a client at a time, and currently you are queued up for another file.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Can´t connect to the server.
emuler

Servers have limited slots for LowID clients and these get filled very quickly, so you will have trouble connecting to one of the better servers. Keep at it, and stay connected for long periods at a time - most of us leave eMule running for days at a time - to avoid losing your place in the queues.

I see you connected to Saugstube. That is good. Keep at it; you'll figure it out.

btw. which firewall do you use? And which antivirus?