[REL] I Start Counting (1969)

flmwayne

Re: [REL] I Start Counting (1969)

Post by flmwayne »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:My first reaction was "Oh, hell no!" because I would personally put [REL] Walkabout (1971), An American Werewolf in London (1981), and Logan's Run (1976) ahead of this one. But then I told myself to grow up and allow people to have differing opinions. ;) I am glad this release pleases you!
Totally agree with you. What I meant is, this is arguably Jenny's best film among all on-topic films where she had a role to play. :lol: :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

O.K., that narrows it down quite a bit and I can agree with the arguability. It would be a shame if she reached a complete career peak at the very beginning of it! ("It's all downhill from here Jenny, you may as well retire now!")

I have to admit I have not seen anything she has done in the past few decades. There may be some great work there. And maybe even she plays someone's grandma in an FLM-type film?!?
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:My first reaction was "Oh, hell no!" because I would personally put [REL] Walkabout (1971), An American Werewolf in London (1981), and Logan's Run (1976) ahead of this one. But then I told myself to grow up and allow people to have differing opinions. ;) I am glad this release pleases you!
Fans of a particular actress like to look up earlier/ obscure films. Just see what we've done with Jodie Foster, et. al. The Railway Children is another favourite.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Fans of a particular actress like to look up earlier/ obscure films.
No way, really? :P I totally do that myself!

I always thought of Jodie Foster as a superstar from the time she could walk. When I came to FLM I finally realized just how many obscure guest rules she had on various TV series! I think I had seen maybe ONE of all those TV roles. By the time she did the movie roles that I KNEW about, she was an old pro.