[REL] I Start Counting (1969)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] I Start Counting (1969)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

My DVD-R arrived today.

It is of the same quality like the movie released before, but only cropped in the beginning.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

loverboy was being too negative; this VHSrip is not bad at all - quite watchable. :thumbsup
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

emuler wrote:loverboy was being too negative; this VHSrip is not bad at all - quite watchable. :thumbsup
Watchable is exactly how I described it! :)
Interesting though how different people perceive quality. I was (& still am) disappointed in the quality of this......poorly ripped & cropped & that's before we start discussing the audio. I always try to be accurate in my release descriptions, certainly as regards quality to avoid disappointment. Far better to be pleasantly surprised, as you are in this case :)
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Interesting though how different people perceive quality.
Might be also a question of screen. I'm working with a 1920x1200 17' notebook, so I am always looking for the best quality available. :drool
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

It looks like a copy of a VHS copy... So how can we talk about good quality :think
loverboy

idler wrote:Might be also a question of screen. I'm working with a 1920x1200 17' notebook
A 17 foot notebook? :eyecrazy .........well f**k my old boots, as we say in Britain!
That is a serious screen resolution.........I'm guessing quality disappointment is regular for you, especially when viewing VHS & early shite DivX rips! :)
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

'' :icon_rolleyes keyboard with number block. some keys difficult to hit. got to "Start Counting". :)
loverboy

TV rip just released at CG......This looks like a worthwhile quality improvement over the VHS rip available. I can't grab this at present as I'm just about to leave on what I anticipate being a very S L O W journey!
If it's not been brought here by the time I return I'll oblige.

lb
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:TV rip just released at CG......This looks like a worthwhile quality improvement over the VHS rip available. I can't grab this at present as I'm just about to leave on what I anticipate being a very S L O W journey!
If it's not been brought here by the time I return I'll oblige.

lb
Cool. This is another one that's sat in queue for months with a couple K here and a couple K there and 24855 days to complete. If/when you can help out, it's much appreciated.

And if you're getting ready to go through Heathrow, better take a sleeping bag, food, entertainment, etc. because you'll be there awhile. :(
loverboy

Phuzzy4242 wrote:And if you're getting ready to go through Heathrow, better take a sleeping bag, food, entertainment, etc. because you'll be there awhile. :(
Certainly not.......I'm staying in the frozen wasteland AKA the UK. The airports may be shut & the trains totally hopeless but the roads I encountered were not too bad......even though the outside air temperature was showing minus 8 degrees all the way, & that's celsius. For the technically minded, it's fucking cold!

This is bookmarked for grab & release on my return.

lb