[REL] I Start Counting (1969)

emuler

[REL] I Start Counting (1969)

Post by emuler »   6 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064462/
Though I can't remember it in detail, I do remember liking this film a lot and as a teenager going to bed scared, as well as having impure thoughts about Jenny Agutter, (again.) Very atmospheric, very English and very 60s, full of the kinds of faces you seemed to only get during that decade.
This is the film Jenny made just before Walkabout, looking quite a bit younger and more delicate. She's never actually nude in it, but she comes close so many times it's worth including the title here, as this former late-night TV favourite has been neglected in recent years, and most of her fans would enjoy it but may not even be aware of its existence. It's so beautifully shot and edited I rate it a minor masterpiece, and possibly the best of all Jenny's films.

Wynne is fourteen, lives in a tower block in an attractive modern English town, and has a crush on her much older foster brother. But she comes to suspect him of being the local serial sex killer who's been dumping the bodies of young women in the lake in the park. It could sound like a nasty and sadistic piece of work, but the chiller elements take a back seat to the theme of exploring Wynne's growing pains. She's oddly isolated from the adult world, and with few friends except for her rather slutty schoolmate Corinne with whom she exchanges stories of their imaginary sex lives.

Jenny is in nearly every scene, often scantily clad or in risqué situations. I'll pick a few examples off the top of my head. Getting dressed in the classic title sequence, pulling up regulation school knickers and fastening her bra. Showing head and shoulders naked in the bath. Touching herself in bed through her nightdress. Pulling off her jeans lying on the bed, kicking her legs high in the air, with a glimpse of white knickers. And so it goes on, almost to the last frame.
Come on Debaser and loverboy. :onfire

This link is dead: :( However,maybe KAD will find a few complete sources.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [750.45 Mb]
emuler

Re: [REL] I Start Counting (1969)

Post by emuler »   6 likes

emuler

Post by emuler »   3 likes

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks emuler.

Even no torrents available :(
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Quote:
Jenny is in nearly every scene, often scantily clad or in risqué situations. I'll pick a few examples off the top of my head. Getting dressed in the classic title sequence, pulling up regulation school knickers and fastening her bra. Showing head and shoulders naked in the bath. Touching herself in bed through her nightdress. Pulling off her jeans lying on the bed, kicking her legs high in the air, with a glimpse of white knickers.

I really don't know why you think we'd be interested in this! ;) :drool
emuler wrote:Come on Debaser and loverboy. :onfire
I'm on this........I'll serve it up either later tonight or tomorrow morning :)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Come on Debaser
I only have to say one word: SCHOOL UNIFORM :thumbsup
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   13 likes

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

This is a cropped VHS rip of what can be best described as watchable quality. Strangely, there are 2 audio streams hogging the filesize.......both English! Not my rip.......thanks to the original poster/releaser/ripper.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.56 Mb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Very nice for VHS. :clap :clap :clap Thanks, loverboy. :thumbsup
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

The screenshots are actually better than the rip. This looks like it's been played to death, ripped, cropped & generally fucked around with & then served up with two (pretty naff) audio streams. Sadly it appears to be the best available at present as it's not on DVD (nor likely to be unless someone pops their clogs). The most likely upgrade would be a TV rip.........I'll keep my eyes open.
It is watchable though............ :)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

How did you get hold of this so quickly? I'm most impressed. :icon_cool4 :icon_idea2