[REL] Lamb (2015) [USA]

saroyan

[REL] Lamb (2015) [USA]

Post by saroyan »   5 likes

Lamb, based on the novel by Bonnie Nadzam, traces the self-discovery of David Lamb in the weeks following the disintegration of his marriage and the death of his father. Hoping to regain some faith in his own goodness, he turns his attention to Tommie, an awkward and unpopular eleven-year-old girl. Lamb is convinced that he can help her avoid a destiny of apathy and emptiness, and takes Tommie for a road trip from Chicago to the Rockies, planning to initiate her into the beauty of the mountain wilderness. The journey shakes them in ways neither expects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa27Mug54fU
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Lamb (2015) [USA]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   2 likes

[Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3908598/

To be released January 8th, 2016.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   2 likes

Interesting movie...hoping there's much more inside...the trailer looks promising ;)
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   2 likes

Interesting FLM movie that is worth a look. ;)

HD webrips out today. https://rarbg.to/torrent/c5g36nv

:icon_cool2
monkeylog

Post by monkeylog »   2 likes

This definitely looks good! :D I enjoyed Oona in Southpaw too.
tedlawson

Post by tedlawson »   2 likes

Just watched it,with disbelief that such a movie has been made in this day and age. :o
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   2 likes

tedlawson wrote:Just watched it,with disbelief that such a movie has been made in this day and age. :o
I finally finished watching the movie today, after having read the book a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to admit that the book goes a little more in depth with their relationship than the movie, though they both arrive at the same ending in pretty much the same fashion.

One thing I liked about the movie over the book was that the girl's character [believe it or not] was a little more fleshed out. Oona Laurence did a GREAT job making Tommie and her actions believable in rather unbelievable circumstances.

While the book is told from a third person point-of-view [a narrator, that espouses their opinion every so often], a LOT of the the text is David/Gary's dialogue. You understand from the book that he is a VERY narcissistic individual possibly bordering on the sociopathic. (To the point that for a little while I really thought he was going to end up killing her [or letting her die] and she was never going to make it home. Especially after you realize that when he was younger he had a brother that disappeared [never to be found] who was around the same age as the girl he was running off with.)

Bottom line; I enjoyed the movie. Well worth a watch. Obviously a passion project for the director who also wrote the screenplay, produced the film and played the role of David/Gary Lamb.

As far as the book goes; it has some beautiful descriptive prose, but also has some very creepy, cringe-worthy moments [even for me, and I really liked the book] that I'm sure will turn a lot of people off.. :think The movie did a good job with toning those moments down. :)

kev.
popdrome

Re: [REL] Lamb (2015) [USA]

Post by popdrome »   40 likes

Thanks kev for this very useful review (I agree).
yes this is very much on topic and
my oh my guys where are you admins?
move it to [REL] already ;)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [883.00 Mb]

Don't go quietly into the night.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks, pop. I don't usually grab U.S. films but the comments have convinced me on this one. "creepy" - I like it. LOL

BTW - downloads from you are screamingly fast. Please don't give me a friend slot, let others have that. I'm a patient guy, plus my upload bandwidth is awful (20K maximum total). I'm good for long-term sharing, but others will initially help spread this more quickly if they receive it first.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks for the lamb popdrome! :)