[REL] Gummo (1997)

Rich

[REL] Gummo (1997)

Post by Rich »   11 likes

nihilist

Re: [REL] Gummo (1997)

Post by nihilist »   0 likes

Written and directed by Harmony Korine (co-writer of [REL] Kids (1995))

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119237/
http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=140
Constructing this film through random scenes, director Harmony Korine abruptly jettisoned any sort of narrative plot, so here we go: Solomon and Tummler are two bored teenage boys who live in Xenia, Ohio. A few years ago, a tornado swept through it, destroying more than half the town and killing the same amount, including Solomon's father. The film, from there, chronicles the anti-social adventures these two boys have. These include sniffing glue, killing cats, having sex, riding dirtbikes, listening to black metal, and meeting a cavalcade of quirky, bizzare, and scary people. These include a man who pimps his mentally ill wife to our anti-heroes, three sisters who play with their cat and practice becoming strippers, a gay black Jewish midget and his boyfriend, a 12-year-old gay transvestite who is also a cat killer, Solomon's mother, two foul-mouthed six-year olds, and most importantly, a nymphlike skateboarder who walks around town wearing pink rabbit ears. - IMDb
Anybody needs a better rip?
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

I have this DVD too. Haven't watched it for ages, but as far as I remember, it was a graet movie. Quite lulzy. Except I don't like violence against cats :icon_1whip
nihilist

Post by nihilist »   0 likes

Violence against cats sux!
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

nihilist wrote:Violence against cats sux!
Alf says: Depends on the recipe... :think
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

[Image] [Image]
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Damn, this was a surreal movie, I'm sure there's better quality out there now om emule. Very little time from the girl though, kind of reminds me of a US (what would be to UK) 90's chav (but even more poverty) like movie. Just gross in places from what I remember tbh, very artsy :idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PNSAtjOYck
[/quote]

:shock:

But I do seem to remember duct tape for some reason :D
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

My first films made me curious to start looking OT
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:My first films made me curious to start looking OT
I dont think this one is so interesting, other than the previously mentioned "tape" sccene. The story in the video is kind of unsettling though.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote: I dont think this one is so interesting, other than the previously mentioned "tape" sccene. The story in the video is kind of unsettling though.
For this reason, the film did not find what I expected, and then I discovered Innocence and Les diables, and the rest is history.