[REL] First Love (2018, Blackpills)

gehn

[REL] First Love (2018, Blackpills)

Post by gehn »   3 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8248920/

(Not to be confused with First Love (2018) movie, tt9060390)

[Image] [Image]
When Mercedes, a lonely, volcanic 12-year-old girl, meets Zach, a 17-year-old teenager who has just landed in town, she believes she has finally found someone who is interested in her.
JPost wrote: Tishrai’s highly anticipated show revolves around a young man who finds that he hasn’t grown out of his attraction to young girls.
“It had to be edgy and sexy and a little bit violent,” she explained. “It makes you think about something you’ve never thought before. Everyone said it’s too crazy. It’s too edgy ... Finally, one of the producers I pitched to said ‘You know what? There are a few companies in Israel looking for stories like yours.’”
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Paris ... viv-593043

“Evidence presented in the trial will lead us through key moments of their relationship and allow us to judge for ourselves: true love or heinous crime?” —Seret International Film Festival
“Delicate, complex, neat and dizzying” —Konbini

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ2CSt7vKew
Last edited by gehn on Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
gehn

Re: [REQ] First Love (2018, Blackpills)

Post by gehn »   1 likes

I am sorry if this is the wrong country. I was confused about this.
  • It's in English and the actors are American.
  • The writer (Adi Tishrai) and director (J. Cohen-Berry) are Israeli.
  • Blackpills itself is based in Paris, Los Angeles, and Tel Aviv.
  • CG Cinéma and the distribution focus seems to be France.
  • Barnstormer Productions is American.
"First Love Update: feb 2021 - Blackpills is back in France on Freebox. First Love will hopefully be released soon"
https://www.instagram.com/jonathan_cohen_berry/

https://www.universfreebox.com/article/ ... e-speciale
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Usually we go by the info in IMDb. In this case, it says France|US. This is a television series. Where was it aired?
gehn

Post by gehn »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Usually we go by the info in IMDb. In this case, it says France|US. This is a television series. Where was it aired?
It was a short-form series intended to air on the Blackpills Mobile App, in various regions including the U.S. and France. However, Blackpills (like Quibi) found their business model unsustainable, and discontinued the app - to adopt more traditional distribution - before First Love was ever released.

It aired in several festivals, SERET and Series Mania (winning Best Series).

Netflix bought Bonding, and some fans are hoping they'll buy FL too. But with the director's Instagram announcement, there is renewed hope it'll appear in France.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Okay, we'll go with your first instinct and leave it in this forum. We can always move it later if info changes.
Matco

Post by Matco »   94 likes

Hi All,

Good news: I catch the serie. Each episode measure 10min. So easy to view all under an hour!

Episode 1: La fugue - Runaway Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.31 Gb]
Episode 2: La rencontre -First encounter Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.26 Gb]
Episode 3: La fête - Party Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.35 Gb]
Episode 4: Un sentiment amoureux - A love feeling Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.68 Gb]
Episode 5: Le comte de Monté Christo Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.42 Gb]
Episode 6: Mémoires Flash - Flashback Memories Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.17 Gb]
Episode 7: Le piège - Traped Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.33 Gb]
Episode 8: Les griffes de la nuit - Night Claw Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.58 Gb]
Episode 9: Les cicatrices - The scars Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.21 Gb]
Episode 10: Tout régler - Sttele all Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.43 Gb]

Unfortunately it's in french hardsub.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] First Love (2018, Blackpills)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Very nice! :) Thanks you!

IMDB says 2022, but I think the year of production was 2018... I'm a bit confused :roll:
bubblebath

Post by bubblebath »   0 likes

Thank you for sharing!

Is it just me or are there some issues with some of the files?
Audio is totally out of sync on episode 1, for example.
Same for episode 6. I'm still downloading the other episodes.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I only have Episode 1 so far, and yes the audio seems to be out of sync. I have not experimented to see if there is a difference between letting it play straight and skipping around the episode like I normally do when I am just checking it out. I also did not try the audio resync feature in VLC: I came here first to see what others were saying, ha!

And of course 2.3gb is huge for 10 minutes, but I figured that was because this was a straight raw TV recording ...
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Matco wrote:Each episode measure 10min. So easy to view all under an hour!
Thank you for sharing!

I have proven elsewhere that I am a nitpicker, and here I have to question your math. If each episode is 10 minutes and there are 10 episodes, doesn't that make 100 minutes total?

That would be under TWO hours, not under AN hour.

Still ... it took me a day to realize this ...