[REL] Awake (2021)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Awake (2021)

Post by ghost »   13 likes

Brandnew on Netflix:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10418662/
After a devastating global event wipes out all electronics and eliminated people's ability to sleep, a former soldier may have found a solution with her daughter.
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fuowcxdrYc

With German and English audio:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.66 Gb]

English subtitles for those who need them:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [78.3 Kb]

===============================================================================================
Some other links (still unverified):
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.60 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.52 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.87 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [786.81 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.40 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [5.43 Gb]
ed2k://|file|Disomnia%20(Awake)%20(2021)%20[BluRay%20720p%20X264%20MKV][AC3%205.1%20Castellano][www.maxitorrent].mkv|2669019133|50BC448AE88AABB1E3E917D0808A05CC|h=CYP5B5UQ4HVSAQ75TAQ2OZP2SM34HYYZ|/
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.71 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.61 Gb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Awake (2021)

Post by kev »   1 likes

Ghost!! Dude!!!

I just finished watching this movie earlier today and was coming here to post it, when BOOM!!; I find you beat me to the [REL]! :lol:

Not the worst way to spend an hour and a half, and Ariana Greenblatt lights up the screen when she's on. Some major faux pas in the logic - line of the film, but forgivable if you're there just to watch Ariana. :lol: The denouement is almost too unbelievable, as if they got tired of making the movie and decided to just 'end it real quick'... BUT it focuses around Ariana, so; again major forgivable.. :heart

Ariana was in another movie that I featured in the 'FLM Movie Quotes' thread in the 'General' forum. Here's my post:
kev wrote: There's a movie I just finished watching; Love and Monsters (2020) with a spunky little Ariana Greenblatt in the small role of 'Minnow' [around 15 mins onscreen] who had a couple of sassy lines. :lol:

When she and her man-friend Clyde [Michael Rooker] rescue the lead character Joel from a 'Sandgobbler's pit / nest', she tells him:

[Image]
"You're lucky we weren't monsters; you were yelling like a girl:" Then she mimics a whiny child while waving her arm; "Oh this is bad, soo bad".

When Joel shoots back "Okay; I don't sound like that, my voice is not that high-pitched", both Minnow and Clyde say almost in unison; "Yes it is." Then Minnow adds:

[Image]
"It's higher than mine, and I'm eight!"

Cute kid :heart , too bad she didn't have a bigger role in the film.

(Maybe not the most memorable lines, but they jumped out to me because of the person delivering them... :) )

kev.
There were a few quotes that hit me from THIS movie. I'll put them in a 'Spoiler' window as there might be spoiler-ish information within the context of the quotes. (NOT the actual quotes, but each particular scene from which the quote is taken...)
Spoiler:

The first Ariana quote is at a time when she's at a church service and the preacher has taken her into a room to explain how important she and her ability to sleep is to the congregation. The way he explains it, relating things to the death and resurrection of Christ, causes her to ask:
[Image]
"You think I need to die?"
To which he responds "No, no. We just need to know if you can sleep." Her response then is VERY childlike-logical:
[Image]
"I can sleep. It's just hard when I'm not tired."

During a lighter moment a conversation with her brother Noah leads to her asking about his ex-girlfrind:
[Image]
"Did you guys ever... Do it?"

Immediately, before Noah can respond, their mom pulls up in a car and asks if everything is ok, and Ariana bluntly says:
[Image]
"Noah's never had sex." :lol:

Finally a heart-wrenching scene where soldiers order everyone out of the car and on their knees during a rainstorm; she exits the car, gets on her knees proclaiming:
[Image][Image]
..................."I can sleep!"....................."I can sleep!"

Out of the context of the film they might sound stupid, but if you're invested in the film, the scenes work... :)
Anyway, many thanks ghost for bringing this to FLM. I think it will appeal to a lot of members. Ariana is really cute and definitely has more screen time than she did in 'Love and Monsters'.. :heart :heart

kev.