[REL] Spy Kids (movie series 2001-)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Spy Kids (movie series 2001-)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

emuler wrote:As you can see the fixed links have two hashes - one is the file hash and the other the Root Hash.
My, you have such confidence in what you think that *I* can see. :lol: All I see is a bunch of numbers and characters. (I bet you could look at a screenful of 0's and 1's and start laughing at some funny joke.)

So let me try and guess. We start with this

Code: Select all

e d 2 k://|file|Spy%20Kids%20(2001).[HEVC5.1.aliptes].mp4|1718116828|F6274EF4233AA8C977E25359E4111C43|h=QW3KRCFDJUJEKVFNIYJ7476M44HL7HQ2|/
and then break it into

e d 2 k://|file|Spy%20Kids%20(2001).[HEVC5.1.aliptes].mp4|
and
F6274EF4233AA8C977E25359E4111C43|
and
h=QW3KRCFDJUJEKVFNIYJ7476M44HL7HQ2|/

and the above is the NAME and TWO HASHES?? Have I got it now? I hope so.

Anyway, I have encountered on occasion corrupted downloads which get recovered by themselves, so I never bothered to look into what was going on. Sometimes I have had to fix a broken download with a MetFile Regenerator when my emule client shuts down unexpectedly, but that is all.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

I watched the first one and loved it, thanks popdrome! I confess I had pretty much forgotten most of the movie, which is now old enough to have "classic" status. It dates back to when I had finally matured enough to have the first of my second childhoods (currently on my second "second childhood") and was interested in watching kids movies again. Now 21 years later, young lead actress Alexa has 3 children of her own, and her screen brother Daryl has one. I'm feeling old.

Naturally I had to do some online reading about Spy Kids, since I did not even have internet back in the early 2000s. Apologies if everyone is aware of the following already, but after the initial March 2001 theatrical release,
A longer version of the film, titled "Spy Kids: Special Edition" was re-issued in US theaters on August 8, 2001. It contained a new scene involving a cave full of sleeping sharks. The scene was always intended to be in the movie, but the original budget did not allow for the special effects needed. After the movie was a hit, Rodriguez was able to complete the scene. This scene was not included in the DVD release of the film, which featured the original theatrical version. However, this scene is available on the Blu-ray.
(O.K., Robert "George Lucas" Rodriguez.) Much as I like deleted or additional scenes viewed separately, I am glad that I have the original theatrical version from here. I have become a bit of a purist that way. For fun here is the Sleeping Sharks scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ik19SRjUg

And just in case YouTube is blocked where you are, here is all 3:24 of it on eMule.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [28.83 Mb]

[Yeah, yeah, I know: FLM is supposed to be about sharing movies and not clips. Administrators, please forgive me just this once. I figured this clip is for a different purpose. I will remove the link if it is deemed necessary.]
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:I watched the first one and loved it, thanks popdrome! I confess I had pretty much forgotten most of the movie, which is now old enough to have "classic" status. It dates back to when I had finally matured enough to have the first of my second childhoods (currently on my second "second childhood") and was interested in watching kids movies again. Now 21 years later, young lead actress Alexa has 3 children of her own, and her screen brother Daryl has one. I'm feeling old.
Hey, THAT feeling I know! haha. I'm telling myself I got stuck in the first childhood, who am I kidding. But yeah man such is life. :roll:
Night457 wrote: (O.K., Robert "George Lucas" Rodriguez.) Much as I like deleted or additional scenes viewed separately, I am glad that I have the original theatrical version from here. I have become a bit of a purist that way.
Be very careful with that. J/k man you're an asset to this group. In another threat I think ghost called you Nightpedia which is very funny and appropriate IMO. :cool1
Night457 wrote:[Yeah, yeah, I know: FLM is supposed to be about sharing movies and not clips. Administrators, please forgive me just this once. I figured this clip is for a different purpose. I will remove the link if it is deemed necessary.]
Nah. Don't worry about it. =8)
MAN I wish I had more time to spend on FLM but May/June are always very busy months for me. I liked that you grouped this thread into 1 and I'll keep these shared for at least a while.

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Whatever arguments the grumpy oldtimers had about these movies years ago, they clearly remain popular on FLM. I've rewatched up through the first 3 now, and was embarrassed by how sentimentally weepy I got at the scene bringing together all the ... OOPS SPOILER, can't say that.

I did not seriously expect anyone would feel the need to emule the deleted scene here (and they apparently haven't) but I HAVE shared it 3 times now to others who must have found it via emule search!
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:how sentimentally weepy I got (..)
Old age. Clearly. :icon_old :icon_gy

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

Being overwhelmed with nostalgia for the characters returning from the previous installments made one and two years previously, and which I had watched again just in the past few days ... that indicates some sort of mental issue for sure.

But yeah, if those in their second childhood are old and on their rockers, then those in their second-second childhood must be off their rocker!

Watched the 4th one and now ready for the 5th!
Untitled Spy Kids Film (2022)