[REL] Happiness (1998)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Happiness (1998)

Post by ghost »   12 likes

When a young woman (Jane Adams) rejects her current overweight suitor (Jon Lovitz) in a restaurant, he unexpectedly places a curse on her. The film then moves on to her sisters. One (Cynthia Stevenson) is a happily married woman with a psychiatrist husband (Dylan Baker) and three kids. Unfortunately the husband develops an unnatural fascination for his 11 year old son's male classmates, fantasizes about mass killing in a park, and masturbates to teen magazines. One of his patients (Philip Seymour Hoffman) has an unrequited fascination for the third sister (Lara Flynn Boyle). Meanwhile the apparently stable 40 year marriage of the sister's parents (Ben Gazzara, Louise Lasser) suddenly unravels when he decides he has had enough and wants to live a hermit's life in Florida. Obviously, the whole movie is slightly warped in its viewpoint and certainly presents abnormal relationships among all of its parties.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.70 Mb]
Amadeus

Re: [REL] Happiness (1998)

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

<embed src="http://www.veoh.com/veohplayer.swf?perm ... AutoPlay=0" allowFullScreen="true" width="510" height="441" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I'm not sure about the significance of the video clip you've posted but it brings this & other movies to our attention again.
Todd Solondz is a great writer/director. Although a little strange at times, I can quite happily sit down & watch Palindromes, Happiness & Welcome To The Dollhouse
back-to-back.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

emuler

Er.. good movie, but how is it FLM material? :think
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Er.. good movie, but how is it FLM material? :think
Did you bump your head and suddenly forget that child sexuality constitutes OT??
emuler

Not at all, but this is a boy movie. :( If you had a head to bump you would have realized that not everyone is bisexual like yourself.
fwtt

Post by fwtt »   0 likes

You have been a member as long as i have, and you still dont know that FLM movies do not have to be girl related? Well color me pink. ;)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

From what I can tell, FLM was founded to be (and still officially is) non-gender-specific, but it pretty quickly started gravitating towards girls, and most of the people posting boy movies lost interest. But that's no reason not to post a good childhood-related movie that happens to feature boys. And especially since where there are boys there are often girls...

One thing I don't recall seeing much of at FLM is boy-boy movies, I assume that's because those most interested in such movies gravitate towards other sites which do a much better job of catering to their interests.

This particular movie is most interesting because it was directed by Todd Solondz, whose general body of work is OT. Movies from such directors deserve some leeway, same as movies featuring actresses who may now be technically a bit old but who have many previous movies posted here.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I’m willing to bet that FLM has a large number boy movie fans, not to mention people that like childhood movies without having to be OT.
I guess because the FLM members that do openly chat on this board mostly talk about girl themed movies with OT scenes, boy themed movie fans will probably feel a little intimidated or at least outnumbered!

BM fans should not restrain from posting releases and chatting on the board.