[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Kriegshammer

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by Kriegshammer »   0 likes

relic wrote:Fantastic! When you are finished would you please put them on torrents and share the links, that way I can get them and share them too.
Thanks. Relic
Just waiting right now for my decoder to come in. Got the RF point tapped.
pkgrades

Post by pkgrades »   1 likes

ghost wrote:I hope that you are still not tired from all the different versions of this movie.

BUT:
I found the original and complete mpeg file of the german (uncropped) TV recording in a newsgroup posted about 3000 days ago (and I was able to download it). ;)
As you know me, I couldn't resist to give it another try and I started working on it.

Now, this is the real deal! The result is much much better than my 1080p version posted before (the picture was too dark, it was incomplete because some minutes are missing and the source was an compressed avi file.

So, let's do it for the last time:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

I muxed the movie with 2 audio tracks (german and english).

Pretty Baby (1978).720p.uncropped.TV.ger-eng.mkv

If someone is interested in the original file:
Pretty Baby (1978).uncropped.TV.german.mpeg

I only found this forum now, and I am new here.
How can I download this movie using the links you have provided?
pkgrades

Post by pkgrades »   0 likes

I am new here.
Reading the threads, I have installed eMule.

Now I need help downloading this movie.
Can someone help me with this, Please!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

pkgrades wrote:Reading the threads, I have installed eMule.

Now I need help downloading this movie.
Run emule.
Click on "Like this post to see ed2k links" to reveal the link, then click it again to open it in emule.
Wait for your emule client to connect to people sharing it.

Personally I would suggest going for a more RECENT version, such as ghost's 1080p.HD version of the same. That is more likely to be currently shared. You can ask for a reshare of older versions if needed, but to be sure eMule is actually working for you first try something that is newly posted. Look around at different threads. You can always cancel and delete something if you don't want to download all of it.

In case you have not seen it, there is this thread which may be helpful:
Step-by-Step eMule Setup
nicekinder30

Post by nicekinder30 »   1 likes

What a healthy small group of Brooke shields lovers we have here! Myself included of course. All those years of tireless devotion to her and the body of work(albeit controversial and briefly nude)she is responsible for in Pretty baby. Will all our hard work ever pay off? I'd like to think so.Ashamed she doesn't know about this site or our lasting loving tributes to her here.it would probably make her appreciate us more and the gorgeous love story she was a big part of,and contributions to that original movie.What say you Sully or Ghost? I raise my glass and make a toast, to the founding fathers of an undying love to preserving this misunderstood and oftentimes highly condemned movie.We get it though, and it never ceases to pull us in it's amazing grip.
lettuppy

Post by lettuppy »   0 likes

Any better quality versions of Pretty baby available on here?All I see are darker types,let's find one with Clearness and brighter!
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

lettuppy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:43 am Any better quality versions of Pretty baby available on here?All I see are darker types,let's find one with Clearness and brighter!
Which version have you downloaded? I don't think there's anything better than ghost's final version.
nicekinder30

Post by nicekinder30 »   0 likes

I personally can't find any versions to download.i have noticed the screenshots on here throughout the years.If any one has a working link like can you send me it kindly?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

The best-looking version is still being shared by multiple people: ghost's most recent version, the uncropped 1080p Release from Oct 25, 2020, with choice of English or German audio:

viewtopic.php?p=84190#p84190

The above one is the best. Don't get the outdated old versions.

You must use eMule to download any ed2k link.

Step-by-Step eMule Setup
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   3 likes

Coming October 26 from Australian label Via Vision Entertainment.

[Image]

Site: https://viavision.com.au/shop/pretty-ba ... ction-174/

(It is also supposed to be available on amazon.com.au and likely your local import shop. I myself have picked up a few of Via Vision's excellent releases through domestic importers, because international shipping is murder. The discs I have are Region Free, but I do not have definite region information for this release yet.)

I had to check my calendar to see if this was the beginning of April!

Of course this is in the theatrical 1.85 aspect ratio. I was excited to see new interviews with Brooke and Susan. I was more excited to see that this is "from a newly restored 4K scan by Paramount Pictures", so that means it MIGHT be showing up on blu in other territories, or maybe on streaming platforms. (Could Paramount license it to Studio Canal in Europe for a 4kUHD release, maybe!!??!?!) I would bet dollars to doughnuts that at the end of October someone somewhere will immediately put it up on one of those "unofficial" platforms that I keep hearing about.

Wait a minute, doughnuts cost me nearly a dollar these days so that is not as impressive a bet now!