[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

onemillionthuser

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by onemillionthuser »   0 likes

Opposeneedlenose wrote:One of the biggest secrets is Brooke really didn't want to do the nude scenes, it was very hard for her to go through with them.She was getting to be a big girl by then, a little older more mature.That might have had something to do with it,and developing.She was getting more modest by then,and having a conscience. Nothing wrong with that.
I really hate to play devil's advocate here, especially given how I feel (and presumably everyone here feels) about LEA, but...

If she really didn't want to do the nude scenes, then doesn't this movie represent a perfect example of child exploitation? Is it not, in fact, the very epitome of that?

I love little girls (and little boys) just as much as you guys, I'm sure (if not more), but it pains me to know if they've been through anything degrading or humiliating, or if they've been pushed to do anything against their wills. I haven't seen this movie yet - it was on my list to download - but knowing this gives me pause. I don't know if I might be able to enjoy it now. Poor thing.
Opposeneedlenose

Post by Opposeneedlenose »   0 likes

@onemillionthuser.It's a double-edged sword truthfully. Yes the director and others involved were knowingly exploiting Brooke Shields, her childish innocence and obviously her young nakedness.Putting that taboo erotic spin on the story by including those provocative seductive scenes,and the storyline itself. But by the same token,Brooke herself has come to embrace this role that made her famous...Blue lagoon not withstanding. She is very proud of this movie,Pretty baby.Even promoting and having special viewings of it on occasion.Except for her outright fibbing sometimes, making like there was a body double in the movie.When actually that was only true during the filming of the blue lagoon.She definitely was nude in Pretty baby.It wouldn't have been the same movie without those very brief scenes.Her mother stated like a fine painting, she believed her young daughter should be viewed and enjoyed-Nude.Kind of strange for a parent to think along those lines,but the end objective was reached nonetheless.Brooke was Breathtaking in it.Do yourself a favor and watch it,she was treated well in the movie and it's her favorite work of art to this day according to her.Girls her age posed nude all the time during that time period, ideally we like to think they were treated respectfully and fairly.That is the best possible outcome.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

Here I found many curiosities of the film that fit with the discussion of the last days I put it in screenshot so that they could see nothing is altered the source can be found in IMDB.

Brooke says she was not naked in the filming, for the friend realmbin who is obsessed with this movie in previous pages, I'm sorry to have ruined your childhood, everything was about visual effect.
[Image]

Another aside, Brooke herself assures the film, she was never disappointed and on the contrary, it was all just a role.
[Image]

Here it says the list of actresses who auditioned, you hear names like Linda Blair, Jodie Foster rejected it because she did not want to be pigeonholed but I think it was because of the nude that she required, I conclude that if Brooke had not obtained the role, someone else would have. done but not someone of renown but any stranger would be Violet.
[Image]

Although her mother was the one who managed her career giving her that kind of role, she never felt humiliated as we were all thinking.
[Image]

Finally I conclude, if they did the film again, she or her daughter would act, but not at this time it would be impossible, I think she does not regret or hold a grudge or shame for this film different from what others think.
[Image]
Opposeneedlenose

Sully23 i think you are mistaken.Unlike you I have done extensive research on this movie.Seen every documentary,write-ups..interviews etc on Pretty baby.It was far more than a visual experience. Brooke Shields WAS and IS NUDE in this movie. She was only covered up during Filming.While the other actors were present in the room.When it came time for her to bare all,that tiny g-string was removed for her nude scenes.She just doesn't want the public to know that. It's a little FYI inside info,only a true fan could know.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

But there is one scene where she is wearing this g-string:

[Image]
Opposeneedlenose

Easily to explain my friend, she only wore the g-string leading up to her actual nude scenes.so she wouldn't have to be nude around the other actors.The director had the set cleared when the real nudity was to take place.So only he,and the cameraman were allowed to stay on set.That Is when little Brooke was completely nude.For the daybed scene,and at the door when she was locked out.A visible panty line,from the thong is clearly seen then.
Opposeneedlenose

Ghost Great job on your editing abilities, I'd like to see more from this movie if you have them.Of Brooke naturally, like the one you just posted and any others you have.All that you got,I never seen any that clear before and with extended frames.
Last edited by Opposeneedlenose on Sun May 30, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   4 likes

ghost wrote:But there is one scene where she is wearing this g-string:

[Image]
Whoever put the section note 'Goof' on IMDB confirms the error of G - String only the bathtub and where it hits the door are the only scenes, the nude is remarkable.
Opposeneedlenose wrote:The director had the set cleared when the real nudity was to take place.So only he,and the cameraman were allowed to stay on set.
I remember something similar in the Femme Enfant in which if a scene was also planned that the whole team was also withdrawn and only left the camera operator and Klaus Kinski (it was thought he was pervert) did not agree to cover up and insisted on seeing the naked girl.

I know I'm getting off topic but I was always curious about what happened on the plate of those movies. The only rare good that I knew was that of maladolescenza in which the actresses did not need to be covered for their scenes.
Opposeneedlenose

Post by Opposeneedlenose »   1 likes

Also on a side note,something worth considering and knowing. When Brooke was wearing her barely there thong,just what do you think it covered up?Her vagina most of all.Other than that judging by the thin material that was used as the thong itself,obviously most of her ass was seen by various actors.Also she was topless in front of them too. Susan sarandon was the person who offered the thong for brooke to wear.Brooke must of been feeling reserved,not wanting to show off her body in front of complete strangers. Who can blame her?!Aside from that fact,Susan claimed in an interview that even at that age,Brooke had a sense of sexuality about her. An observation perhaps on her part.The flaws in the movie where Brooke's thong,panties...front covering were visible were obvious movie mistakes. When she was filmed for the actual nude scenes,that was all her.Different takes, edits are made aware of.If I had photographic evidence, or examples of the screenshots I could prove that hidden knowledge. Movie secrets.They are easy to spot for a trained eye.I would love to have an uncut screenshot of Brooke when she was laying on the daybed,and when she was thrown out of the room banging on the door after she had posed for belloq.Those are two of my personal favorites.Never seen them clear as day anywhere. The vhs version was the only place to see the entire images uncensored. Brooke was glorious to behold in the nude,there is no denying that timeless truth.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Surely at first he felt uncomfortable but then I coped with it many actresses act normal, Kelly Lynch as an adult did a full nude where a man had to be stuck simulating sex all over the house, I see acting in a professional way is being naked all the time in front of to the whole team and of course the team can't do anything just limit themselves to work (in the case of us we were curious) unlike Emilia Clarke she hated doing nudes in Games of Thrones because she didn't like it and I think that Brooke was the opposite And I assimilate it, in a painting class where an exhibitionist poses in front of 20 painter's apprentices, the same thing happens with photography.

I only remember the first time I saw the movie in original format in SD - VHS, I do remember the pose lying down and gets up scene, if I noticed something that covered its parts, even though the frame cut the image perfectly, a self-censorship I thought it was a kind of protector or colored tape skin, that can only be seen in the old DVD versions the frame is lowered above her belly.