[REL] Jodie Foster's Rare Movies

FLL

Re: [REL] JODIE FOSTER'S RARE MOVIES

Post by FLL »   0 likes

FLL wrote:stay tuned... I have a number of JF things close to release which you may like....
LOL, I wrote that over a year ago and they are still "close to release". I will have to pick that project up again soon, it's time consuming and probably mainly of interest to just me but it's my duty as a Fosterphile :)
FLL

Post by FLL »   13 likes

Reseed anyone? No complete sources for two weeks.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

done

Post by guest »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
FLL wrote:stay tuned... I have a number of JF things close to release which you may like....
LOL, I wrote that over a year ago and they are still "close to release". I will have to pick that project up again soon, it's time consuming and probably mainly of interest to just me but it's my duty as a Fosterphile :)
Guess we're at least two Fosterists. ;)

rynnjacobs.blogspot.com
deirdrestriden.blogspot.com
napoleonsamantha.blogspot.com

Would be really great to see some more of her TV appearances...My Three Sons, Medical Center, Gunsmoke, Bob&Carol, Love Story, Perry Mason, Alexander, Rookie otY, TK. Dearing. Hours of vintage Jodie stuff to discover...

Rookie of The Year (1973) and The Secret Life of T. K. Dearing (1975) on my YT chn.

For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   11 likes

FLL wrote:As the resident Jodie Foster fan :) I have been trying to find some of the things requested in this thread. Stay tuned.

In the meantime... courtesy of the guys at a.b.m.thelostmovies, here's one of her earliest TV appearances, at about the age of six, on the Doris Day show (originally aired 25 Mar 1969). Doris is called upon to babysit the son and three daughters of a friend who is at the hospital having another baby. Jodie is the next-to-youngest kid. She appears a few times, though not for very long, and hasn't yet developed the personality and style that makes her so endearing later. But it's interesting to see her so much younger than in her movies.

[Image]

As stale as most TV seems today, the Doris Day show is proof it wasn't as good back then as you might remember from your childhood :) This episode is interesting, though, for a few 1960s moments. For example, Doris has car trouble and flags down a car which happens be driven by the town drunk, completely inebriated. He explains "I didn't promise the sheriff I wouldn't drink then drive, I promised him I wouldn't drink while driving." Cue the laugh track. You wouldn't see this today, certainly. Also unlikely to be seen today, is a surprisingly-OT scene where Doris gives the youngest girl a bubble bath. (Not Jodie, obviously, just a little bonus.)

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [233.46 Mb]
Ah.. I saw her on Leno a few days ago, (she was on promoting her new film The Beaver) and at one point they showed a clip of her from the Doris Day show. It was pretty adorable :heart

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/yWz4EISpmkENd ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/yWz4EISpmkENdFFO7t3FRw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

It's hard to believe that she's almost 50 now :(
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   8 likes

FLL wrote:Here's one I've been looking for a while, a 1973 episode of the TV series "Kung Fu" in which 11-year-old Jodie Foster plays a major role.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0623147/
Entranced by her mandolin playing, Caine accompanies little Jodie Foster (as Alethea Patricia Ingram) to a waiting stagecoach. When the coach arrives, an unwelcome gunfight results in Ms. Foster mistakenly believing she sees Caine shoot an innocent man to death. Foster's testimony results in Caine being convicted as a murderer.
[Image] [Image]

Of note is that Jodie sings in this episode. She has a good enough voice that in her teens she recorded and released a record in France.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [349.16 Mb]

I have no idea if any of the German speakers at FLM are Jodie fans, but here's a German dubbed version I found before I was able to find the original. In my opinion the dubbing ruins it -- I :heart Jodie's preteen/teen voice -- but you can hear the difference during the song she sings, which is not overdubbed.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.29 Mb]

Could I get a reshare on this? (The one without the German dubbing).
ardnasnaf01

Post by ardnasnaf01 »   4 likes

FLL wrote:Here's one I've been looking for a while, a 1973 episode of the TV series "Kung Fu" in which 11-year-old Jodie Foster plays a major role.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0623147/
Entranced by her mandolin playing, Caine accompanies little Jodie Foster (as Alethea Patricia Ingram) to a waiting stagecoach. When the coach arrives, an unwelcome gunfight results in Ms. Foster mistakenly believing she sees Caine shoot an innocent man to death. Foster's testimony results in Caine being convicted as a murderer.
[Image] [Image]

Of note is that Jodie sings in this episode. She has a good enough voice that in her teens she recorded and released a record in France.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [349.16 Mb]

I have no idea if any of the German speakers at FLM are Jodie fans, but here's a German dubbed version I found before I was able to find the original. In my opinion the dubbing ruins it -- I :heart Jodie's preteen/teen voice -- but you can hear the difference during the song she sings, which is not overdubbed.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.29 Mb]

OMG AWESOME WOW many thanks :eyecrazy

talking about rare JF...

My Sister Hank (1973 pilot)
Alexander (ABC Afterschool 1973)
Love Story - ep. The Youngest Lovers (1973)
Medical Center - ep. The Captives (1975)
The New Perry Mason - ep. The Case of The Deadly Deeds (1973)

anyone knows where to find those?