[REL] Too Much (1987)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Too Much (1987)

Post by kev »   8 likes

This film stars the very cute Bridgette Andersen [ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0026106/ ] of 'Savannah Smiles' [ https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... nah+smiles ] fame. She was 12 at the time it was filmed. (10 years before she died of an accidental alcohol / drug over dose... :( )

Links:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094164/
http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=6290

Synopsis:
IMDb wrote:When Suzie and her parents take a visit to Japan her father's business partner, an inventor called Tetsuro decides to make Suzie a robot. The robot's name is 'Too Much' (or TM for short) and he and Suzie become the best of friends. But when the day comes for Suzie to return home she finds she's not allowed to take TM with her, so they run away together. However, they must watch out for a rival inventor of Tetsuro's is looking for them so that he can examine TM's programming. Will TM and Suzie manage to escape from his clutches and prove that love conquers all?
Pix:
VHS cover art:
[Image]

Disk art:
[Image]

From this rip:

[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]

ed2k link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

This was a pretty hard to find video and a few minutes into it, it's easy to see why: Even with cute Bridgette's presence, this movie is pretty cheezy... :wall

From a technical standpoint, this is a rip from a VHS transfer to DVD. The VHS was an original factory cassette, but the sound is warbley throughout the film. (I wish I had loverboy's tech savvy, I might have been able to do something to make things better...) I just can't believe that this movie hasn't been shown somewhere on some HD movie channel. Hopefully a crisper file pops up not-so-far down the line..

Nothing really OT, BUT if you are a Bridgette Andersen fan, it's probably worth watching. She was still a cutie even at 12... :heart

Hope someone finds this movie enjoyable.. :) Set to 'Powershare'.. :thumbsup

kev.
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Too Much (1987)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I very much want this film :cool

you have been very quiet lately Kev, what a great way to break the silence. :thumbsup
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:I very much want this film :cool

you have been very quiet lately Kev, what a great way to break the silence. :thumbsup
Thanks, ptg.. :thumbsup

Don't mean to be so quiet but RL has been a bit more stressful than usual lately, and I've just been popping in here to check things out right before I go to bed...

This film had been on my 'want' list for a long time and I finally found it online a few years ago. Two weeks ago I took it to a shoppe that made NTSC transfers from PAL VHS videos so I could watch it after all this time...

I enjoyed it purely as a 'lost' fragment of a lovely young actresses past, and felt like it is well worth sharing...

*sigh* :think

kev.
ptguardian

well this is definitely a rare find. :bigups

i did manage to find a few listing for this in Brazil and Mexico. i have no idea what region they are in. Titles of "Un robot con corazon"(Mexico) and "B.D. O Robô Amigo"(Brazil). It looks like there was a larger release in Brazil so maybe a dvd from there will pop up. How's your Portuguese....LOL
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Another all too sad story of a talented life cut short early.

You've obviously put a great deal of effort (& likely money) in bringing this to us. I'm impressed kev. :clap

lb
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

long time no see,where've you been hiding LB?

Post by Guest »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:long time no see,where've you been hiding LB?
Could even be here...

[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

willow wrote:
Could even be here...

[Image]
Maybe in the dungeon. :icon_1roflmao
ptguardian

WoW
what a fun movie to watch. I think the quality considering the source turned out very good. :cool
the movie has the usual 80's charm. every time the movie would show a little cheese the camera would cut to her doing something adorable. :heart :heart

waiving goodbye to the robot
[Image]

They should rename this movie "too adorable" or "too cute" I would buy the dvd in a heart beat!

thanks again KEV :thumbsup
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
willow wrote:
Could even be here...

[Image]
Maybe in the dungeon. :icon_1roflmao
I'm sorry but it's been nowhere quite as grand.....

[Image]

lb