[REL] Na-neun Abba-da AKA I Am a Dad (2011)

Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Na-neun Abba-da AKA I Am a Dad (2011)

Post by Night457 »   11 likes

AKA: Naneun Abbada, Nomui Yeokseup, His Counterattack, I am a father, My Daddy, Naneun Appada
stars Kim Seung-woo as a corrupt cop who frames innocent people. But when his daughter (Kim Sae-ron) gets injured because of his work and needs a heart transplant, he discovers that the heart would come from the wife of a magician (Son Byong-ho) he framed for murder. -- Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_a_Dad
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2009494/
Note: the release date and synopses at IMDB are WRONG.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Continues with the Sae-ron movie themes of both organ harvesting and inadequate, absent or just plain bad parents, although here they are more sympathetic, if only because they are both suffering from personal loss. I admit I am being self-indulgent here: this just barely squeaks by as FLM-appropriate because of the limited screentime of the young girls. After the trauma and exhaustion of filming [REL] The Man from Nowhere (2010), apparently Sae-ron needed a role where she was mostly sleeping in a hospital bed. IMHO it would have been better if they milked the sentiment with more father-daughter interaction, but the bad-cop drama is still interesting when she is not onscreen.

Compare the posters for this movie and her huge movie hit Ajeossi / The Man From Nowhere:
[Image][Image]
I could not help but note the similarity in how the titles were written, and how the manly aggressive men were posed in front of her. This one is not so action-oriented as you would think.

Sadly, I have been unable to find a HD upgrade for this.
DVD quality in Korean with improved English subtitles.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.01 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [55.0 Kb]

KSR03
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Na-neun Abba-da AKA I Am a Dad (2011)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks a lot! :) I couldn't find this one on my search today. :o
Kissonline

Post by Kissonline »   11 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.25 Gb]
[Image]
The picture quality of the Korean suppressed version source I found in the torrent is still clear :)
Hope to share with everyone :D
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Thanks a lot! :) I couldn't find this one on my search today. :o
Interesting that you should happen to be looking for this one today, hmmm... Should I just go ahead and release all my remaining Kim Sae-ron films now, without watching them or fixing the subtitles?
Kissonline wrote:My.Daddy.2011.KOR.HDRip.x264.720p-PREGM.avi
The picture quality of the Korean suppressed version source I found in the torrent is still clear :)
And THIS is what I was hoping for, that someone might have access to a better version and share it. From the specifications it does look better than mine so I am getting it. Thank you Kissonline!
ghost
Site Admin

First: thanks a lot Kissonline! :)
Should I just go ahead and release all my remaining Kim Sae-ron films now, without watching them or fixing the subtitles?
You have even more of her? Oh yes, please release :) ....after watching and fixing. ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:You have even more of her? Oh yes, please release :) ....after watching and fixing. ;)
I am glad that you can be that patient! ;)

Buried somewhere in the pages and pages of text in my essay-length posts that make people's eyes glaze over, I think I mentioned I have ALL her films, and the bulk of her TV series. For SOME of the movies I have 1080p upgrades, and I was specifically heading toward releasing those here. I have this thing where when I have collected all the movies so far of a particular director or actor, I like to marathon watch them chronologically -- so I started with her first, [REL] A Brand New Life (2009).

I think I would balk at releasing 50-episode TV series (drive space!), even if they are fantastic enough that I have watched them more than once. If anyone were interested, I could at the very least post links to where they are online downloadable.
ghost
Site Admin

Oh yes, I am interested in anything about Kim Sae-ron. Take your time, I'll be (I'll have to be ;) ) patient.
Night457
Global Moderator

Wow, I thought I was her only fan outside Korea! (I know, I am delusional.) Of course, you likely started watching her movies years ago, probably before I did, and she is Grandma-age now :D, so you clearly are patient.

Me, I wasn't patient. I bought expensive sets of burned-disc bootleg TV series DVDs on eBay. I can find most of the series readily downloadable now.

Okay, when I am done with the movies (there aren't that many) I will make a post in the

Board index > Discussion / Information > Child Actresses & Actors

thread, after some research ...
Night457
Global Moderator

I now have Kissonline's file and it has CLEARLY better video quality. That is the file to get. I am sharing it.
Specification comparison:
Spoiler:

General : NIGHT457: Na-neun Abba-da AKA I Am a Dad (2010).ac3-5.1.dvdrip.mkv
Format : Matroska at 2 916 kb/s
Length : 2.01 GiB for 1 h 38 min 30 s 771 ms
Video #0 : AVC at 2 500 kb/s
Aspect : 720 x 368 (2.319) at 29.970 fps
Audio #0 : AC-3 at 448 kb/s
Infos : 6 channels, 48.0 kHz
Language : ko

General : KISSONLINE: My.Daddy.2011.KOR.HDRip.x264.720p-PREGM.avi
Format : AVI at 3 268 kb/s
Length : 2.25 GiB for 1 h 38 min 44 s 124 ms
Video #0 : AVC at 3 000 kb/s
Aspect : 1280 x 544 (2.353) at 29.970 fps
Audio #0 : MPEG Audio at 256 kb/s
Infos : 2 channels, 48.0 kHz
Here are my subtitles resynced for Kissonline's file:
My.Daddy.2011.KOR.HDRip.x264.720p-PREGM.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.