[REL] Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom (2019) [Bhutan/China]

petra

[REL] Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom (2019) [Bhutan/China]

Post by petra »   17 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10189300/?ref_=ttmi_tt

A young teacher in modern Bhutan, Ugyen, shirks his duties while planning to go to Australia to become a singer. As a reprimand, his superiors send him to the most remote school in the world, a glacial Himalayan village called Lunana, to complete his service. He finds himself exiled from his Westernized comforts after an arduous 8 day trek just to get there. There he finds no electricity, no textbooks, not even a blackboard. Though poor, the villagers extend a warm welcome to their new teacher, but he faces the daunting task of teaching the village children without any supplies. He wants to quit and go home, but he begins to learn of the hardship in the lives of the beautiful children he teaches, and begins to be transformed through the amazing spiritual strength of the villagers.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

This has hardcoded Chinese subtitles and also has scrolling ad text at the top of the screen every now and then.
There are subtitles in Spanish, Portugese and English on opensubtitles. I have English ones but they are out of sync a little.
Your decision on whether to download. If someone can find a better copy it will be most welcome

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.90 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [68.7 Kb]
Last edited by petra on Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom (2019) [Bhutan/China]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

petra, this is another one from Bhutan, not Burma! And somehow you missed an ed2k link for the video: there is only the subtitle. Please add in the video!

I am looking forward to this one, to help me get over being depressed by the short you Released.

[EDIT: country fixed]
[EDIT 2: petra's ed2k link now available!]
Last edited by Night457 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yes, the movie ist still missing :o Please, petra...

I've changed the country in the title.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   9 likes

I found two links on eMule, one of which is probably petra's. Neither is complete for me.
[EDIT: petra's link has been posted and I have it complete]

Since petra invited us to look for something that does NOT have "hardcoded Chinese subtitles and ... scrolling ad text," I took up that suggestion. Here it is --

1080p in Dzongkha with optional internal English subtitles, synced.
There are no hardcoded subtitles or scrolling ads! The following are all the same:

Direct Download: https://ulozto.net/file/Kgsz1clCwUpK/lu ... 9HMmL0Zj==

Torrent, very fast for me: https://site.extto.com/lunana-a-yak-in- ... s-8638288/

eMule, complete:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.54 Gb]

Thank you petra for bringing something I had never heard of!
Now I can go watch this....
Last edited by Night457 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
petra

Post by petra »   1 likes

Apologies. Don't know why I put Burma.
Night. Petra = female
The torrent has no seeds
Is the uloz download dubbed or have Russians speaking over the dialogue?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

petra wrote:Apologies. Don't know why I put Burma.
Because they both start with "B"? ;)

That's alright. I've posted some random crazy stuff that was totally wrong. This is pretty mild.
Petra = female
OHHHH ... wait ... in a previous post here I called you "him." So you are saying you are female? Okay, I'll try to remember that and keep it straight!

P "pronoun trouble" ... I have edited that post to remove the gendered pronouns ...
The torrent has no seeds
Well, you know how seeders come and go and come back. Even when the page I linked showed "No seeders," I had several seeders and the torrent was done in less than an hour, maybe less than half an hour. Those seeders may come back. There are currently 25 potential seeders who could come and go at will.

Anyway, NOW it has at least one active seeder - ME - because I just turned my torrent client back on.

(And now I see a Peer getting it from me: someone from Bhutan! ... later: someone from China.)
Is the uloz download dubbed or have Russians speaking over the dialogue?
HELL NO!

All 3 sources (uloz, torrent, eMule) that I posted are the same specifications and in the original language Dzongkha.

"Dzongkha (རྫོང་ཁ་) is a Sino-Tibetan language spoken by over half a million people in Bhutan; it is the country's sole official and national language."

I used the Uloz file I downloaded to share in eMule. I have not done a checksum on the Torrent file to look for a few bits difference, but it is the "same file" as the Uloz one. I was just downloading a bunch of files at once to see what would finish first and what would be best.

I have your posted link now, petra. It WAS one of the ones I had found with eMule search, with multiple people sharing it.

Everyone else: it is of course perfect for anyone who needs Chinese subtitles, but for those who do not it is not as bad as it might sound. It IS 1080p in the original language, and both the subtitles and the scrolling text are entirely in the black bars below and above the letterboxed image. SO, if you play it in VLC and set the Crop to 2.39:1, it will cut off all the text and just leave the entirety of the film image. Subtitles you will have to get and sync yourself.