[REL] Suņu vīrs un Tille (2002) [Latvia]

pillowbaker

[REL] Suņu vīrs un Tille (2002) [Latvia]

Post by pillowbaker »   24 likes

Suņu vīrs un Tille (2002) - The Dog Man and Tille - TV Movie from Latvia
NO SUBS (but not really needed)

Credit to uploader at uloz for the file shared below!

[Image]
(I believe this is technically the book cover which contains an image from the movie)

No imdb link
MovieDB link

There's little information about this TV movie online. In fact, there seems to more information about it from the youtube comments, in Latvian, from the comment section of an upload of the film on youtube. Oooph, watch out for spoilers there. This is a darling little movie that is very easy to follow without the subs. You may not even need the spoiler-free plot outline below, but it's there if you like.

Basic plot description:
In a house soon to be demolished lives a little girl Tille. When her mother dies, she is forced to look for shelter with a man who resides in an abandoned house. He is a strange, somber man with his only companions being two endlessly trustworthy dogs - Monk and Prince.
description of the plot from the book, translated from Latvian wrote:The man had put beautiful and unusual names on his dogs - the Prince and the Monk called them, although there were no kings, no bishops, and not even an award-winning ancestor of the breed. The monk was a large, black dog standing in his ear and with a tail cut in his ring. The prince was a large cream-colored dog with long, leaping feathers. The girl's name was Tille, at least that's what her mother called her, and she was only seven years old. She was a weak girl with pale cheeks and sad eyes.
[Image]
Looks like they got the eyes part right!

Some notable scenes are when the man plays his accordion and sings and Tille chippers up and bobs her head, and when she later sings the melody to herself while sprucing up! So very cute.

As for Tille's screentime, she's in the large majority of the movie. When the dogman sees her, a poor sod as he is, how could he refuse but to take her in and help!

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] Ohh look at this great diggly-wiggly!
[Image] [Image]
[Image] Sad eyes + milk mustache means I think this will fit in quite well around here.
[Image]
[Image] If you're unsure, check out this cute scene, starting at 21 minutes 12 seconds, at this spot right here
[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

This 700mb file is the best I could scrounge up. The quality is pretty decent considering! There also exists a youtube upload from the same source, though the file is noticeably higher quality. Let me know if you watch it! Hope you enjoy. :P

YouTube link
ulozto link to same file

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.47 Mb]
Last edited by pillowbaker on Wed May 11, 2022 12:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Suņu vīrs un Tille (2002) [Latvia]

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Looks good, thanks!

Sad-eyed girls really do me in.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks, pillowbaker! I'll go for it.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

:clap

cheers!

Don't go quietly into the night.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

I dug around and found there's way more info about this story than I thought, mostly because it's based on a cherished Latvian children's book. I managed to find a 12 page excerpt of the book, translated into English from a site that promotes Latvian literature.

Check it out.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Great! It looks like I should read that after watching to see if I understood it properly.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

ghost wrote:(...) pollowbaker(...).
:D :lol: :mrgreen: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:
ghost wrote:(...) pollowbaker(...).
:D :lol: :mrgreen: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Where have I been at this moment? :o
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Awww Ziggy, you made him change it. I was rather enjoying my new bellwether status with pollos! Polos? Polos are still trendy, right?

Naw, but it's cool, Ziggy. ;) Lol sometimes with that avatar you remind me of Nelson from the Simpsons.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Lol sometimes with that avatar you remind me of Nelson from the Simpsons.
:lol: :lol: :lol: