[REL] Hofsha Mishpachtit (2005) [Israel]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Hofsha Mishpachtit (2005) [Israel]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you reptile12! I was afraid of that.
Spoiler:

I have tried to use dev tools Network tab searching before, and I tried it again now -- but failed. It is just too much data in too small a space for me. I never find what I am supposed to be searching, either. When I do find something, I can't figure out how to copy it; highlight and CTRL-C does not work, nor right-menu options. Believe me, I have read instructions and watched tutorial videos, but they are so small that I can not even see what they are doing! If I actually succeeded in this, I am sure there are multiple downloaders that could use the extracted data. I was fool enough to ask you, so I am not complaining!
I will just let clever fellows like yourself get these multi-part videos for me.

I have your video now, thanks!
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   1 likes

it's not that hard once you do it a few times

i included a couple screenshots and red underlined the areas of interest. also i forgot to mention you almost always have to actually start playing the video before it shows up in network tab. notice i typed 'json' in the search field text bar at bottom left to narrow results. then right click - Copy link address.

[Image]

you can also narrow down the list by clicking Fetch/XHR button which i underlined here as it will include the playlists.
[Image]
Rich_Visiting

Re: [REL] Hofsha Mishpachtit AKA Family Vacation (2005) [Israel]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:This one is for Rich.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Finding this was an adventure. See here:
Spoiler:

Google translating "Hofsha Mishpachtit" Hebrew to English, it asked
Do you mean
חופשה משפחתית
?
I don't know if "Hofsha Mishpachtit" is a precisely correct transliteration, but the Hebrew means "Family Vacation". (Online transliteration to the Roman alphabet produces a contradictory confusing mess.)

Then I translated the girls' names "Aya" and "Noga" to Hebrew, and searched those with the film name. I got this page:
https://www.seret.co.il/actuality/artic ... =1&id=3615

Google translate that page of Hebrew to English and there is the quote from the first post, with the further information that this ("Family Vacation") is a film by "Shahar Rosen". Well, Shahar Rozen has an IMDB page, but this film is not there. But Google search "Family Vacation Shahar Rozen" and BINGO, his Vimeo channel DOES have it! (See bottom of post.)

The Vimeo video supposedly has a 540p option, but my downloader is only recognizing up to the 480p quality. So for now at least that is what it will be.

(PLEASE, nitpickers don't give me any guff about this not being a "real movie" because it is not on IMDB.)

As for why this film disappeared for so long? Well, translating the Vimeo page caption gets
A children's film as part of the "Greenhouse Project" by Jasmine TV and Hot. Produced by July August Productions.
Probably was Made-for-TV, that's strike one. TV films are least likely to get home media release, because TV is already home media. The fact that it made it to a film festival is pretty amazing. AND ... checking the closing credits, there are a LOT of songs on the soundtrack. In addition to all the Hebrew-named artists (that I can not read) it includes Red Hot Chili Peppers, The White Stripes, Coldplay, Rolling Stones, and Dee-Lite. In order to get home media and international film releases, someone has to pay artist's royalties for all that music! The budget just doubled or tripled. No doubt they decided it was not worth it for a small budget production.
Hebrew without subtitles:

https://vimeo.com/channels/884841/120808726

Family Vacation (2005) [Israel - by Shahar Rozen].480p.mp4
VERY impressive! Many thanks! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Manzarasever

Post by Manzarasever »   0 likes

Please, this film Vimeo password?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Manzarasever, I did not need any password to play the Vimeo video. I was also able to capture up to 480p without having to search the developer tools webpage information for the 540p version.

I DID notice that if I clicked on the "vimeo" link in the right corner of the video, it would give a "Private video on Vimeo" / "This video is private" message. I do not know why. But it IS otherwise playable.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

reptile12 wrote:it's not that hard once you do it a few times
My, what confidence you have in me! I would be satisfied with just once. After I accomplish that, I can relearn it in the future.

I appreciate your screenshots and extra hints, they at least confirm that I was doing the right things. Use Chrome as you were, yes. (Developer tools look slightly different in every browser, even though they seem to do the same things.) Played the video, yes. Narrow down the list with Fetch/XHR, yes. One new thing I learned from your screenshots was that I needed to UNcollapse the window listing all the segments. My problem it seems is that the master.json is NOT SHOWING UP in the list! If I search that narrowly, there is nothing at all. (In desperation I logged into a Vimeo account I did not even remember having. They must have really pissed me off if I did not bother to document the username and password. It did not help.) I can see the individual segments, but not the master.

The only thing I can think is that Manzarasever's question about the password is significant. Maybe if I logged in to the "private video" I could see the master. But if that is what YOU were doing, how did you get the password in the first place? Are you secretly the owner of that Vimeo channel and you just were not telling us?

OR - maybe - for some reason do I have to be running YT-DLP first, before I go into dev tools? I did not think that would be an issue, but maybe? I was simply seeing if I could find what I needed in dev tools without getting around to installing a new program. I thought possibly if I could find the master.json then my existing downloaders might handle it.

Thanks for trying to teach me!

So far I have only seen about half this movie. Every time I sit in my armchair to watch something, I fall asleep. I have seen halfsies of a lot of movies and TV shows lately! Anyway, what I saw I enjoyed.
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   2 likes

lol no i am not the owner of the channel and you don't need to be logged in.

You have to open the network tab before clicking play on the video. It's only activated when it's open. I bet that's the issue.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

:icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party :icon_party

You are a GENIUS!!!! You actually figured out what stupid little thing I was doing that kept it from working. Wow. I then could see the master.json file, copy the link, edit the address, and open it in TVDownloader and download it. The result was just the same as the one you posted. Fantastic! Now I know how to do this the next time I encounter a streaming video that only shows up as segments, which is quite often. When I tried to do this months ago, the online instructions were super-obscure, not even telling me to look for a .json file and edit it to .mpd! (It just said something like "look for the video file.")

THANK you so much, reptile12!!! You were so very patient when I had given up.

AND my apologies to everyone else, for once again filling a movie thread with tech geekery!
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   2 likes

Haha glad it worked! Although welcome to the crazy world of playlists and media files I guess, it's a place of constant trial and error and URLS/formats and BS. :p