Identification of films

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
kev
Site Admin

Re: Identification of films

Post by kev »   1 likes

miih wrote:I have one more movie that I'm trying to find now. It was asked for somebody in another forum and now I am curious about it too. That is the description: there are a boy smoking and he take the cigarette from the mouth and put it on the his friend mouth and the father of the first one get angry because he thinks his son is gay. And probably the boy was really gay because (SPOILER! >>) in the end the boy jumps from a bridge or something like that. That as how the people descripted the movie. Maybe it is not exactly like that (our memory constantly deceives us) but it helps. Thanks in advance!
You're not talking about Ode to Billy Joe (1976), are you? It's a coming of age film starring Robby Benson who was actually 20 years old at the time of the films release.. :think (He looked like he was in his mid to late teens..)

The hook line from the song that the film was based on keeps running through my head: "...Billy Joe McAllister jumped off the Tallahassee bridge..."

kev.
miih

Post by miih »   0 likes

kev wrote:
miih wrote:I have one more movie that I'm trying to find now. It was asked for somebody in another forum and now I am curious about it too. That is the description: there are a boy smoking and he take the cigarette from the mouth and put it on the his friend mouth and the father of the first one get angry because he thinks his son is gay. And probably the boy was really gay because (SPOILER! >>) in the end the boy jumps from a bridge or something like that. That as how the people descripted the movie. Maybe it is not exactly like that (our memory constantly deceives us) but it helps. Thanks in advance!
You're not talking about Ode to Billy Joe (1976), are you? It's a coming of age film starring Robby Benson who was actually 20 years old at the time of the films release.. :think (He looked like he was in his mid to late teens..)

The hook line from the song that the film was based on keeps running through my head: "...Billy Joe McAllister jumped off the Tallahassee bridge..."

kev.
Unfortunately, I guess that isn't this movie. There ir two more details I forget: the first is that the story is passed in the 70/80s, but the movie is current or not too old. The other is that the boy seems to have some punk rock style. Maybe something about his clothes or hairstyle.
Thank you very much for the answer, Kev!
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I'm going with 2 Hollywood

A bald actor (I think it was vin diesel) protects an oriental girl (japanese?) She has something that the mafias in the city would kill for her involves Japanese Russians Albanese and even the cops themselves

The other, is a child gets into a big problem (terrorists or mafia) has an imaginary friend his dad is an engineer of the air force (the same actor plays his father as his imaginary friend) the movie is from the decade of the 80's and the scenery is San Antonio, Texas I remember showing el alamo
Terrysherry

Queries for movies here.......

Post by Terrysherry »   0 likes

Just creating a separate thread reserved for me. Because there are so many movies here that I haven't heard of or watched and many that I have watched or had in my wishlist to watch but no longer remember the movie name or the story. If there is any other thread specifically for this purpose where members can ask/enquire about movies they have forgotten. Do point me to the thread and close this thread. Thank you.

Ok so I just recalled a vague memory of a movie here which had a storyline of something about a magician I think who adopted a girl as daughter but it's also possible that he may have created the girl using magic and as the story progress, he begins to get attracted to his adopted daughter. Anybody remember any movie with a plot similar to this. The guy was childless I think. Not sure though.
Terrysherry

Re: Queries for movies here.......

Post by Terrysherry »   0 likes

Okay I got after a bit of searching.
Le Voleur d'enfants (1991)
Warg

Re: Queries for movies here.......

Post by Warg »   1 likes

Terrysherry wrote:If there is any other thread specifically for this purpose where members can ask/enquire about movies they have forgotten. Do point me to the thread and close this thread
This thread was quite fruitful for a while if I remember correctly: Identification of films ;). Maybe we should fix this thread at the top of the General sub forum ...
Sully23

This came to mind after more than a decade.
It is a movie about the war, more exactly the WWll the boys play in the ruins of a bombardment and intercept a girl (I'm not sure) they ask her to show in her panties in exchange for jewelry and the boys line up and start to look she beats those who stay too long watching and even some boast 'they have seen better' and another aside some look through the bolt of the door when their parents make love.

This movie did not know the title because when they were broadcast there were no commercials only the few channels that went long on the broadcast.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:This came to mind after more than a decade.
It is a movie about the war, more exactly the WWll the boys play in the ruins of a bombardment and intercept a girl (I'm not sure) they ask her to show in her panties in exchange for jewelry and the boys line up and start to look she beats those who stay too long watching and even some boast 'they have seen better' and another aside some look through the bolt of the door when their parents make love.
It has been a long time since I've seen it, but this sounds like Hope and Glory (1987).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093209/

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... +and+glory

A review I found says in part:

"Seen mostly through the eyes of 9-year-old Billy, bombed-out rubble, the breakdown of order and discipline, and even a downed enemy pilot are all fuel for his adventurous spirit. ... Billy learns about sex from brief glimpses of his older sister that show bare legs, a bare male torso, and thrusting, with moaning and laughing audible. A tween girl holds out her underwear so a group of younger boys can look down into it in exchange for jewelry, and 9-year-old Billy claims he's had sex. Sex and violence are briefly paired when Billy's slapped and then kissed on the head by a group of teen girls in their underwear."
https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie ... -and-glory

So, is this the film you are thinking of?
Sully23

Effectively
Is the movie the description is quite similar to mine, :lol: :lol: :lol: I laughed a lot with that scene naughty children
GivaLeme

Post by GivaLeme »   0 likes

Please, does anyone know from which films these images were taken?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.