Girls with rare talents

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
ygl

Re: Girls with rare talents

Post by ygl »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:One of the guidelines for posts on FLM is that the content must be from a professional organization. We had a problem with a user a few years back who tried to post literally dozens of YouTube videos made by kids or their parents, sometimes 10 or more every night. They were basically home movies. He also tried to post anime and cartoons and wouldn't take no for an answer until he finally figured out he wasn't going to get his way.

Personal YouTube channels, Tik Tok, and similar usually aren't good FLM sources. I'm just saying watch what you post so we don't get inundated with non-FLM stuff.
I only agree partially with the no home videos guideline. On the one side I understand why it's there: to prevent the forum from getting flooded with all kinds of amateur videos and the professionally made movies getting relegated to the background or becoming harder to find among all the home-made stuff. But on the other hand, I believe there is some home-made content that is good enough to deserve being shared somewhere (as an example, check out any of Tina's videos). At the very least we could have them self-contained within a thread in the General subforum dedicated exclusively to sharing this kind of videos. That way it wouldn't really hurt or eclipse the other professionally-made content. Kind of like the thread youtube shorts, but for home videos.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

FLM is a forum, where movies are shared. OK, we also have some documentaries and music videos. To open another sub-forum with home videos is not a good thing to my opinion and doesn't make any sense. It would be full with youtube videos in a short time, and this not not the intention of this forum.

There are enough other places for this kind of videos in the www.

Just my humble opinion ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

One of the other guidelines is the content should be listed at IMDb, RFF, or one of the other listing sites. 99.9% of the homemade stuff isn't. This isn't a hard and fast rule but it's easy to get carried away when you're a fan of one or another kid. We're just not going to go there because there are many other forums where that sort of video is the focus. You can also take a YouTube dive by yourself and spend hours watching video after video. Like ghost said, this is a movie forum with some documentaries and music videos tossed in.

Anyone can get YouTube videos without eMule. We sometimes use it as a source for films we can't find anywhere else, but those are always shared on eMule. If you're posting videos you have no intention of creating an emule link for, then post them somewhere else. It's almost a certainty no one watches those videos twice and, if you do create an emule link, none of those links is still shared after a few days. Pretty much a waste of time.

We've always tried to be flexible in rule enforcement and I'm not trying to be an ass about it, I'm just saying to keep it within reason.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Do I understand correcltly that AGT, BGT, Voice Kids e.t.c. isn't FLMs topics?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Are these films sites? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't think the message is getting through to people. FLM is a films forum. We've let some of the other stuff slide but it's not going to become the primary reason for FLM's existence. I don't want to cause bad feelings, but that's the way it is. We've already seen what can/will happen if we don't nip it in the bud. If that's not acceptable to someone, they should find another forum that better suits their needs.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Are these films sites? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't think the message is getting through to people. FLM is a films forum. We've let some of the other stuff slide but it's not going to become the primary reason for FLM's existence. I don't want to cause bad feelings, but that's the way it is. We've already seen what can/will happen if we don't nip it in the bud. If that's not acceptable to someone, they should find another forum that better suits their needs.
I think you are right Phuzzy; as someone who spends a lot of time on YouTube I can say that the content there could really cause some problems here. If the content is relevant to the thread then great, it can add some more info or might be appreciated by members here. But the original rule here was that content must be professionally produced, and I stand by that. Errr, now, about the gypsy girl playing the violin, well, I suppose every now and again some acceptable candid it is okay, we are not the Soviet Union :D
ygl

Post by ygl »   1 likes

Came across another little skater girl, this time a 5-year-old :shock: :!:.

Paige Tobin: 5-Year-Old Skateboarder (2020) [Australia]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHrbB7fxn5o
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   2 likes

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   1 likes

If you play chess then Pinkamena the one whose playing skills may interest you
Sully23