Subtitles

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
ghost
Site Admin

Subtitles

Post by ghost »   17 likes

Why did I never post English subtitles for movies in English language? I don't know... Maybe I thought that it's not necessary... :think

I have subtitles for nearly every movie I own.

I decided to post them all now. This rar file contains 944 subtitles, about 90% are in English, some are in German.

You will also find every movie in eMule (with the same file name).

Like this post to see ed2k links  [14.97 Mb]

From now on my new releases will always contain subs, even if they're dubbed in English ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Subtitles

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I have to train myself to look for subtitles in eMule, even though I rarely find them when I do.

Do you actually prefer English subtitles to German, or is it just that English subtitles are more likely to be found, given the German fondness for dubbing? Just curious. Forgive me if I am too nosey.

I find it hard to believe that you only have ~1000 movies. I would have guessed closer to 10,000! I think you have released close to a thousand just in the time that *I* have been at FLM. I guess you just efficiently prune out all the titles you do not care for anymore.

Back some years ago when I finally switched from a floppy disk computer to a "modern" computer with DVD-drive (skipping over CD!), I had to abandon what I had saved on floppy disks because the floppy drive had connections too ancient to install in the new computer and the old computer could only handle a now-nonexistent first-generation CD drive, and I did not want to pay a pro to save the files. Other than those long-ago trashed PC and Commodore-64 files, I have virtually every media file I have ever downloaded or saved, as well as a huge backlog of document and data files. I might NEED them some day!

Thanks for this. I am adding them to my library. There will be a special folder on my computer called "ghostsubs" that I will take from as needed. :D
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

!!!!! Except for one sub, these go back only as far as 2017! Did you have some catastrophic data loss for everything before that? Oh no!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Do you actually prefer English subtitles to German, or is it just that English subtitles are more likely to be found, given the German fondness for dubbing? Just curious.
The simple reason is, that most of the (English) movies that you find in the www have English subtitles included (mkv containers, streaming services or Amazon Prime Video...). I woudn't say that I prefer German subs. My English is good enough to understand about 95% of all the words (better reading than hearing ;) ).
Except for one sub, these go back only as far as 2017
That was about the time I started to care about subtitles ;)