Boy leaves home naked: What movie is this scene from?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
slb7

Boy leaves home naked: What movie is this scene from?

Post by slb7 »   0 likes

Some years ago, I caught a single scene of an old movie on commercial broadcast television in New York City. For the last few years, I've been trying search engines and forums to no avail. Please help!

It was broadcast in English, and I believe that that's probably the original language, and that it's probably an American film.

Scene: A boy is leaving home...empty-handed and completely naked. He's stopped outside by one (or more?) of the other kids. Moments later, the (foster?) mother(?) arrives and talks to him as the other(s), gathered around, look on. In the dialog, he explains why he's walking away naked and empty-handed: I wish I could phrase it as eloquently as it was in the film, but the gist is that he was taking everything that belonged to him.

At the time, what impressed me the most was the "balls" the character demonstrated by stepping out of the house in broad daylight, walking down the path towards the road...and then continuing to stand there unashamedly as the rest of his foster(?) brother(s)(?) and sister(s)(?) (and friends?) watched the conversation between him and his (foster?) mother(?). The actor was shown only from the waist up (at least in the version I saw), and I just assumed that the actor was wearing shorts (Of course, that is just an assumption.).

I'm much less sure of the accuracy of the following details, but, in case any of it helps jog someone's memory:
  • * Some line with a meaning similar to 'You said if..., I could/was free/welcome/etc to leave.'
    * I recall a look-and-feel like it was shot on a sound stage.
    * I seem to remember it supposing to be cold(ish) outside, which would make the demonstration of character in choosing nakedness over "stealing" clothes that much more significant. There may even have been (fake) snow on the ground (or mention of snow or falling temperatures in the dialog?).
    * I think it was a rural setting, quite a walk just to the next house, let alone to wherever he was headed.
    * I feel like the boy was probably one of the main characters of the film (if not, the main character). I get the impression that the story was about him, although, even if I'm right about that, I don't know if it's mainly about him as an adult, and this a little background in the beginning or flashback, or if it all takes place in his childhood and youth.
Does anyone have any ideas?