Movie suggestions?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Infinity

Movie suggestions?

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

Hi guys,

I know this is probably difficult, but could anybody recommend movies starring a 4/5-year-old lead? Most of the movies here tend to star a much older girl, which is fine - but I do adore around that age as they're so cute then! :D

Blondes preferred, even better if the movie is vintage! :D

Thank you <3
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
ferdi111

Re: Movie suggestions?

Post by ferdi111 »   2 likes

One that comes to my mind is https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117359/
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Holy crap, this is hard. Professionals that young are rare. I could not even find a Jodie Foster movie with her so young.

Check out the filmography of Shirley Temple, who was doing mostly short films at 5. Golden curls and definitely vintage.

Grete Havnesköld in [REL] Lotta pa Brakmakargatan (1992). Blonde, whether it is 'vintage' depends on your age, I guess.

If you can tolerate an old lady playing the role of a 5-year-old, there is 6-year-old Brigitte Fossey in [REL] Jeux interdits (1952). Blonde, vintage.
Infinity

Night457 wrote:Holy crap, this is hard. Professionals that young are rare. I could not even find a Jodie Foster movie with her so young.

Check out the filmography of Shirley Temple, who was doing mostly short films at 5. Golden curls and definitely vintage.

Grete Havnesköld in [REL] Lotta pa Brakmakargatan (1992). Blonde, whether it is 'vintage' depends on your age, I guess.

If you can tolerate an old lady playing the role of a 5-year-old, there is 6-year-old Brigitte Fossey in [REL] Jeux interdits (1952). Blonde, vintage.
I appreciate the suggestions, I'll check them out now! :)
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I have continued to think about this and I keep on coming up with girls who turn out to be 6 or 7. You have such a specific search!

I forgot to say, ferdi111's recommendation of [REL] Ponette (1996) is an absolute 100% *YES*!
Excellent.

Brunette 5-year-olds:

One I have not yet seen:
[REL] Den Pro Mou Lásku (1976)

One I think I saw long, long ago. (Like, on laserdisc!):
[REL] La Historia oficial (1985) [Argentina]
emuler

Post by emuler »   2 likes

When you take into account that films take time to get released - post production, etc. - it is quite likely that a girl who was 6 at the time the film was released was actually 5 when the film was shot.
Infinity

Night457 wrote:I have continued to think about this and I keep on coming up with girls who turn out to be 6 or 7. You have such a specific search!

I forgot to say, ferdi111's recommendation of [REL] Ponette (1996) is an absolute 100% *YES*!
Excellent.

Brunette 5-year-olds:

One I have not yet seen:
[REL] Den Pro Mou Lásku (1976)

One I think I saw long, long ago. (Like, on laserdisc!):
[REL] La Historia oficial (1985) [Argentina]
Thanks again! Will check them out :) What can I say, I've always been picky! :P
[Image]
lara

Post by lara »   2 likes

Infinity

Aww thanks for these, downloaded them and will watch tomorrow. :D
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

emuler wrote:When you take into account that films take time to get released - post production, etc. - it is quite likely that a girl who was 6 at the time the film was released was actually 5 when the film was shot.
Agreed, and since I know how picky some people are about ages here, I always take that into account! I carefully check earliest release date, birthdate of actress, and assume up to 6 months earlier (but no more) for filming time. Naturally, I also assume lower budget films and TV work will likely have shorter production time, although this is not always the case. In some cases I read background shooting information, including about films that have been delayed for one reason or another. If I know the actress well, I can clearly see when she looks younger in a movie than the release date would suggest, because I have seen other movies she did around that time. (Here I am thinking specifically of my girl Kim Sae-ron.) Sometimes I even find cases where IMDB IS WRONG!!!! Holy shit.

sensitivecontentdotinfo seems to do a fairly good job on ages, for the sensitive films.

I find it quite hilarious reading old FLM posts, how nitpicky some folks could be, ready to demand proof a girl is under 17. Oh my gawd. emuler, I know for certain you know what I am talking about, as you have been here so long! :D

For my own purposes of movie watching, I am very flexible. I even consider 'girls' in their thirties to be young! GASP!! For purposes of what I bring to FLM, I am much stricter. Naturally, 4-5-6-7-8-9 is all safe for FLM!